Friday, January 2, 2015

an update

I'm sure you've all been wondering where I've been these past few weeks. Well, I got the flu in the middle of December. That lasted longer than I would have liked, and hit me harder than anticipated. Then I got healthy enough to grade my students' essays and exams and calculate their final grades. That took a lot out of me and I managed to get sick again. Or maybe I wasn't actually through with the flu. Either way, before I knew it, it was time to pack up and head out to spend the holiday with family. I managed to pick up another cold on the way home. A cancelled flight and waiting in an airport for ten hours for a red-eye will do that to a person me.

TL;DR: My extended break from blogging has been due to sickness.


I'm still sick, but doing everything to recover quickly. I have plans for 2015. Just you wait and see.

12 comments:

  1. i was wondering where you were! i am really sorry to hear you've been so sick but i'm glad you were feeling well enough to share an update... and i am pretty darn excited to hear about what you are planning for 2015!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just thinking about you the other day. I hope you feel better soon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no!!! What a horrible way to get through the holidays :( Hope you're on the mend for good this time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yikes, that's not fun!! I was wondering where you'd been, but just figured you'd taken a break because of the holidays.

    This time of year is brutal for getting sick. I caught a virus at the beginning of December and I'm STILL not 100%. Why do these things linger?!

    Feel better soon and happy New Year!!!
    Jackie
    Something About That

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugh, I'm so sorry to hear you've had a rough few weeks! I did miss your posts and was hoping you were off doing something fun. I hope you are feeling better and will stay healthy for awhile now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no! That's a long time to be feeling sick, I'm sorry to hear that. Here's to a quick (and lasting!) recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry to hear this! I hope you are on the mend and happy that you are back!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Blah! So sorry to hear that you've been sick so much! I hope you're able to recover soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just thought you were enjoying your holidays! So sorry to hear that you have been feeling under the weather so long. That is no fun! Hope you get better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was literally going to send you an email this week to see if you were doing okay, but then I caught up on blogs and saw this update. Booo, sickie! I'm hoping you're on the mend soon and back in business! Can't wait to see what 2015 has in store for you, friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww I'm sad to hear that you've been sick!! I just thought you were super busy with work and the holidays. Hope you feel better soon.. like now! :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gosh it seems everyone is sick! I was coughing for almost two weeks but luckily didn't really have any other symptoms. Now I just have ugly man voice first thing in the morning! hahaha I hope you're feeling better now though!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...