Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Pinspired: black vest outfit

I was too tired after the holiday break to some returns, so I waited until today to do them. I wasn't sure what I wanted to wear, so I went to my cold weather Pinterest board. I didn't think twice when I saw this one, as I had all the pieces needed to recreate the outfit.



Lately I've been feeling like all a girl really needs for this time of year is a pair of cognac boots, comfy pants, some sweaters, some shirts, and some scarves. I definitely have all of those, so it should follow that I'm all set for this time of year. And that's how I feel. It might make for a boring blog, but it will mean that I'm wearing my favorite pieces more. Wearing my favorite pieces makes me happy. Lose-win-win?





Scarf: The Limited | option
Vest: Old Navy | spend, splurge
Sweater: (taken from Mom) Lands' End | similar
Exact Stretch Pants: The Limited
Boots: (gift) Madden Girl | option



11 comments:

  1. It's the perfect winter formula...nothing boring about that. I love how happy you look in these photos.

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    P.S. Stop by & enter for a blanket scarf & an amazing mascara giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Win! Seeing items on repeat isn't boring, it's realistic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. eh, I don't think this is boring! So win-win-win!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like this cozy sweater (I just love white sweaters in Winter) and the boots! I think this look is not boring at all, vest and leo print make it special... especially the leo print. I think you can make every outfit intersting, adding some leo print :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Done! I love this, especially with your leopard scarf! I am totally wearing a version this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can never go wrong with this combo. I been want some cognac boots for a long time

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love both versions. You are so cute in these layers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. PERFECT winter outfit! Great recreation!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a cute combo! I have all these items too- I may have to copy this outfit this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. KATE. You are the cutest person ever. I can tell that you felt great in this outfit - keep on wearing your favorite pieces, because if this is what it will look like, I'm totally on board. I wish I had a chunky sweater like this to wear now...

    ReplyDelete
  11. yay for black & brown! how can there be anyone out there who still doesn't get why black & brown go so great together?! and even though i have this combination of items at the ready in my closet too, i am 100% too lazy to pull my tall boots over a pair of skinny jeans on the weekend so i commend you for sticking to this formula! i wish i were this stylish on my days off!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...