Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Co-Hosting: Confident Twosday

I was so delighted when Laura of I do deClaire asked me to co-host Confident Twosday. I immediately began to think about what makes me feel confident, especially in regards to my personal style and my everyday life (i.e., school). The answer came to me rather quickly. Simplicity.

When I think about the best days I have as a teacher, they're the days when I'm confident. When I'm confident, I'm comfortable, and when I'm comfortable, I can really be enthusiastic, animated, and passionate about the material. Those are the days when I teach the best, and that makes me even more confident. Moral of the story? Simple outfits, confidence, and success in teaching go hand in hand in hand. What makes you feel confident? 

Don't forget to stop by Laura's blog and link up your confident self after the jump! 




Sweater: Old Navy | option
Shirt: The Limited | option
Necklace: Forever 21 | option, option
Ankle Pants: LOFT | option
Flats: Christian Siriano via Payless | option






I do deClaire (Bloglovin) | A Journey in Style (Bloglovin)



9 comments:

  1. Love the stripes and leopard! Cute outfit!
    Stephanie
    http://positivelystephanie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! Leopard, stripes, burgundy. I don't know if there are three simpler items that are so effortless, but make such a statement at the same time. Also the little elephant is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute look. Simple is a great way to go with an outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the topic. feeling confident goes a long way! and yay for being a teacher!! =D
    xo,
    nancy

    http://www.adoretoadorn.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the mix of prints and the layering. Gorgeous colour of trousers. You look great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simple is classy, isn't it? I say so. And I have to agree with you on this one. If I didn't say simplicity, I'd say comfort. It's a toss up for me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. And the best thing is that this look really shows how simple doesn't mean it's boring! The color of those pants is a gorgeous color and the pattern mixing of the shirt layered underneath with the leopard print shoes is a combination that looks great together while still looking effortless (in a great way!).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for co-hosting! I really like it when co-hosts talk about confidence and what makes them feel confident. It's always fun to read different perspectives and opinions. I really like those pants and the stripes peeking out under your sweater! You look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those pants are so pretty Kate! The color is just perfect for fall. I'm jealous your ankles are showing. I won't even wear my booties unless I'm fully covered with tights. Brr!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...