Friday, November 14, 2014

winter pastels

It's official. Winter is here. Snow is on the way. I did what any reasonable person would do when it's 30 degrees outside, and I layered up! It happened to be really sunny when I wore this outfit, so I opted for pastels. Truth be told, this outfit came to me in a vision as I started to fall asleep. Zzzz... Mint gingham and pastel purple... zzz... 

I don't often share personal stories simply because nothing interesting happens in my life. Proof: On the day I wore this outfit, I had a coupon to take $10 off a $10 purchase at JCPenney that expired that day. I dragged my husband along to keep me company. He didn't want or need anything, so he followed me around as I tried to find something for $10-15. I hoped to find a replacement pair of moccasins. I bought these  (in tan) from Target in 2009 and as of last year, there are a few holes in the soles. The only ones at JCP were $30. Pass. I really liked this sweater, but they only had XLs in stock. (It's okay, I found a better version at Kohl's and also had a $10 off coupon.) My husband claims we spent over an hour in the store. It felt like 15 minutes to me.

TL;DR: we left JCPenney with a new pillow and a tiny ramekin. For $1.04.

Do you feel compelled to buy something when you get 'take $10 off $10 purchase' mailers?




Sweater: Old Navy | same style
Gingham Shirt: Gap | similar
Necklace: via groopdealz | almost identical
Skinny Jeans: The Limited | similar
Boots: Candie's via Kohl's | exact


13 comments:

  1. I love the light purple sweater. Such a pretty look for fall...though I'm still avoiding to admit that it's feeling more like winter now.

    Also, your story is kind of awesome. I do that too.

    xo Jackie
    Something About That

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, YES. $10 off $10 are the best kind of coupons. I swear I do the exact same thing as you, walk around and find anything that's about $10. Last time JCP sent me one, I got my husband a nice gingham button up that was already on sale for $15, then I had some percentage off coupon on my retailmenot app, so I ended up getting it for like $3. It was a major score. And yeah, my life isn't so interesting either. I sometimes don't post for days because I seriously can't come up with anything better to say than- this is my outfit, I wore it to work, I got home, I changed, I cooked, I watched too much tv. Yepp. That's all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those mailers get me every time. Especially the ones for Khols because it's like a high value coupon where you could possibly get something for free. I love the mint and purple together for winter. Gotta get some color in somewhere on these gloomy days!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes! I have a Kohls one burning a hole in my pocket right now, they're especially awesome when you stack them with a % off coupon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Umm...to your question...YES. And Kohls knows that. And that's why they send me a coupon every week... rude! You look awesome in this outfit. Love the combo. I get visions of outfits all the time, it's the best!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love those coupons from JCP!! But it really does take me forever to find something I want, too. I ended up with two longsleeved tees. I really like the pastels paired together! That sweater has such a pretty knit pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh, i definitely must always use those coupons that have no threshold because hey, it's free money! i remember getting one of those free $10 coupons to JCP a few years ago but i guess i don't shop there enough and i haven't gotten another one. ps: i love that lavender honeycomb sweater, i have the same one but haven't pulled it out yet this winter but when i do i'll probably wear it with something minty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I got the same JCP coupon, and I was so tempted to make a trip to use it...but in the end I decided it wasn't worth the 30 minute drive + traffic. A new pillow and a ramekin for a dollar is a pretty fantastic bargain though!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes! Especially with Kohl's cash. I always think that even if I don't find anything I really want, I could use it for something like getting another towel for the guest bathroom or something random like that. :) Props to you for actually sticking to a purchase that pretty much was exactly the cost of the coupon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. First of all, I really really like this outfit. It's simple but the texture of the sweater is really nice and the necklace looks great with it! Also, I love coupons like that because I know they are meant to get people to spend more and I always feel like I am winning a small victory because I will only spend the $10. I love being cheap :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. It depends for me, if there's no minimum purchase then YES!! I actually have post coming up talking about what a sucker for advertisement. I love this soft pastel colors together.

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am a sucker for coupons and I hate paying for shipping too. I love this outfit so much. It is a fall uniform for me. That is the prettiest Old navy sweater I have ever seen.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hahaha, you crack me up, Kate! I'm kind of like you - my life isn't all that exciting/glamorous, so I get really excited about dumb little things that don't really matter in the long run too, ha! I do really like this outfit, by the way. You look so great in pastels!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...