Saturday, November 22, 2014

three-for-one

All week long, I've been challenging myself to participate in both blazer week (co-hosted by Andi and Danielle) and the Pantone inspired color challenge (co-hosted by Marissa and Heidi). For the last look of the week, I've thrown one more challenge upon myself: a Pinspired look. I've been meaning to do one for some time, and after I saw Danielle wear her tan blazer, I thought to myself, "I really should quit neglecting my tan/oatmeal blazer." And so I did. And I managed to incorporate cognac into the outfit (cognac wedges) to make a three-in-one. Or three-for-one.

And yes, I also caved in and got the highly coveted over-sized scarf from Target. It was just staring at me, and Cartwheel had a 15% off coupon for winter accessories. In my defense, I really wanted this one, but it sold out before there was a deal on shipping. Have you jumped on the oversized scarf bandwagon? 





Blazer: The Limited | option
Top (c/o Mom): Ralph Lauren | option
Scarf: via Target | exact
Pants: The Limited | option
Wedges: via Payless | option



[Linking up with Molly and Laura]

10 comments:

  1. I have not jumped on the giant scarf trend yet, but they sure are cute! You and Danielle both look awesome in this combo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one scarf I want. You and Danielle both look great and your fitted khaki blazer is nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this look and I have similar pieces to recreate it. I'm pinning the two of you and will definitely be wearing this outfit soon. You lovely ladies will be getting all the credit :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great look! Love that you were able to squeeze in so many challenges in one outfit. I have jumped on the blanket scarf bandwagon and will probably use it more as a blanket than scarf since it is just too warm where I live.

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful look! I wanted to participate in the blazer week but then it was during the honey moon so I wasnt able to :( I love blazers and all looks with blazers... and yes, I love big scarfs too :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh I love this look on both you and Danielle! I jumped on the bandwagon and got that same scarf too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how this look came together! I love my oversized scarf. They are so darn cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a great scarf and love how you styled this outfit!
    Marta
    www.sweatersstripesandsweets.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so cute, Kate. I love your Pinspired look! I haven't jumped on the Zara-lookalike blanket scarf train, but I do like the colors in it! I'm just not a huuuge plaid lover... :/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just bought the same scarf and love it! I think it's a new favorite. It looks amazing with your tan blazer!! I'd try not to neglect it because it looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...