Thursday, November 20, 2014

mauve mist

I hate to be one of those girls that complains about the weather, but it's cramping my style. I'm too much of a wimp to brave freezing temps to take outfit photos outside. It's just one more reason the weather needs to remember what fall feels like. (Other reasons include that I haven't gotten a chance to wear my ankle pants enough, I don't want to wear boots for the next four months, and the cold is so cold.)

Anyway, today marks day 4 of the Pantone inspired color challenge and blazer week. [Linking up here and here, respectively.] Mauve mist is the color of the day, which pretty much comes off as sad pastel purple. By sad I mean dull, muted, ... I guess the there's no positive way to spin 'sad'. I have a lot of purple in my closet, but the cold pushed me to my mauvey misty scarf.

I was planning on wearing my black blazer for blazer week. I only got through going over the agenda for class that day before overheating and needing to take off the blazer. 





Blouse: The Limited | option
Scarf (c/o grandparents) | option
Skirt (c/o in-laws): The Limited | option
Belt (c/o in-laws): The Limited | option
Wedges: via Target | option


[also linking up here]

10 comments:

  1. Hahaha. I like mauve being described as sad purple. Although I actually like mauve. You wouldn't know because I couldn't get my act together enough to take pictures of a mauve outfit today...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally hate taking pictures out in the freezing cold, too!! I think these pics came out great, though, and the purple skirt is SO cute.

    xo Always, Abby

    ReplyDelete
  3. mauve is totally sad purple! I don't think I even have anything mauve in my closet. But I do like how you have combined the different shades of purple. And I agree with you about the weather. I was taking pictures outside last night and it was just terrible

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha I think it's a pretty purple!! I know sad works, but....it's too pretty for sad :) You look great. That skirt is gorgeous as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww poor mauve, it can be pretty sometimes! I'm always a fan of purple and black. Anyway, I'm with you on this cold being too cold too soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooo! I love that skirt! Your scarf adds another pretty dimension of color to the whole look! I like how the different shades look together!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really love this look! The two-tone purple looks great with the black pin dots. You're making me think I need a purple pencil skirt in my life...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone needs a purple pencil skirt in their life!

      Delete
  8. Purple + black is such a great combo! I dig it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. you should move to minnesota, all we do here is talk about the weather so you would be in good company and no one would judge you for it! i love the two different shades of purple you've got going on here with your scarf and your skirt! i seriously love every look you put together with that purple skirt so i have no idea why i still don't own one myself.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...