Wednesday, November 12, 2014

fall colors

I'm not an expert on the matter, but if I were to pick the colors of fall, I'd pick grey, burgundy, camel, and maybe blush. (Honorable mention to mustard and leopard, but they're always contestants.) 

This is one of my weekend "get together for coffee - but end up going home with things I don't need but really want like this sweatshirt (that finally made it to the clearance rack!!)" outfits. I purposely chose the pieces of this outfit because they are my chosen fall colors, and if the Weather Channel is correct, it's time to say goodbye to fall and hello to winter.





Tee: Gap | exact
Scarf: Forever 21 | exact
Cardigan (c/o Mom) : LOFT | similar
Jeans: LOFT | exact
Sneakers: via Target | exact



[Linking up with Shopping My Closet]

10 comments:

  1. Ugh, winter. I am so bitter. I do love layers, but it is so darn hard to get out of bed when it's so cold outside! I agree about burgundy - I have a similar burgundy cardigan and I feel like it winterizes everything I own!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cardigan ! You look fabulous .love the animals print shoes :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, winter is here. So sad. But I do like your fall outfit. And I'm so glad you decided to keep those shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am in 100% agreement about those colors. And they ALL look good together. How wonderfully convenient. We are leaving for BJ's in ten minutes. I have a feeling I'll end up having the same "come home with things I don't need" crap. Those jeans are pretty perfect for you. Good thing you bought them to qualify for free shipping!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like that burgundy cardigan! Burgundy really is the color I think of when it comes to fall. I would also like to give honorable mention to olive too though! And double yuck to the weather. It was freezing here today! I was up north in Wisconsin this weekend and it freaking snowed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wore my burgundy cardigan today too! I really love this look, particularly with the leopard slip-ons.
    I wish you hadn't told me that that sweatshirt is on clearance--I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do gravitate towards these colors during the fall/winter as well. This is a perfect outfit for the weekends.

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    P.S. Hope to see you for TBT Fashion link up.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love those colors and I love your burgundy and animal print here! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. YES! You hit the nail on the head - not only with the fall colors, but also with this outfit. It's so perfect! My mom just bought me three new cardigans...one is blush and one is burgundy/maroon. I'll be all set for the fall now!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gosh that sweater is lovely! I mainly see fall as being dark colors, or dark shades of colors anyway. Like your cardigan. Perfection.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...