Monday, November 17, 2014

Altuzarra for Target

I'm not one to go crazy over Target designer collaborations. I don't show up the morning of the release, nor do I even bother paying attention to the items until they hit the clearance. In fact, I think the only collab item I have is the Phillip Lim tote - which I got for purely functional reasons, i.e., to carry my stuff for school. I've used it every day for the past year, so it's safe to say I've gotten my money's worth. Anyway, I adored the orchid sweatshirt when I first saw it, but I wasn't going to pay $30 for it. I wasn't going to pay $15 for it either. But $9? $9 I can handle.

I am, however, one to go crazy over challenges and theme weeks. Today kicks off both blazer week (co-hosted by Andi and Danielle) and the fall Pantone inspired color challenge (co-hosted by Heidi and Marissa). I am going to try all week to incorporate a blazer into my outfit and the Pantone color of the day. Today's color is sangria.






Blazer: Forever 21 | nearly identical
Orchid Sweatshirt: Altuzarra x Target | exact
Skirt: Merona via Target | option, option
Tights: via Target | option
Wedges: via Target | option


[Linking up for Let it Shine, Celebrate Southern, Pumps and Push UpsBlazer Week, and Pantone Week]

13 comments:

  1. I'm so bummed that I planned Blazer Week for the same week as they planned Pantone! My blazer options just aren't going to play nicely with the colors this time, but I'm still going to try a couple days. I am still excited about this sweatshirt, though. I don't really care about the designer collabs either. Until they are on clearance, and then I generally take a look. I actually don't think I've ever bought anything, or at least, not recently.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great look!! I am the same way with the Target collabs--luckily I live in an area where it doesn't sell out fast so I can usually grab a piece or two on clearance :)

    Tori
    FashionBlingGirlyThings

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a beautiful sweater, lovely.
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need up not buying any items from this collaboration, the fit just did not work for me. Having 2 themes is tough - can't wait to see what you come up with.

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. That top is beautiful! I am a big orchid fan! Too bad they aren't a fan of me though. I keep killing them somehow. Maybe a sweatshirt would be a better choice for me! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a pretty outfit! I love the orchid top! What a score of a deal! Live the color of the skirt too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't think I own a single thing from a Target/designer collaboration. I didn't even know they existed until I started reading style blogs. Maybe if I see something I love, I'll go for it...but so far the urge hasn't struck me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm the same way with the Target/Designer collabs. I usually don't even like the pieces they create! But this top is actually cute and you look great :) LOVE your skirt! Now, go enjoy some sangria ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wish things hung around at my target so I could get them for $9. I have two targets semi close to me, but the picked over one is the one that gets the designer collabs. :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely and functional sweatshirt! I love that your paired it with that amazing raspberry pencil skirt!

    Robyn
    http://feelgreatfashion.com/
    Come join the Beautiful You Link Up-A Weekly Celebration of Women's Beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This top is very cute, and very you!! I'm the same way about the Target + designer collabs. I don't get the hype, and like Marissa, I don't often like the pieces they put out anyways!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG I LOVE this outfit! That pop of purple is amazing. I need to find a skirt like this! Thanks for joining the Celebrate Southern Linkup! I am pinning this terrific post to our official pin board! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't own anything either from any of Target's collaborations. I love that orchid sweatshirt and have seen it on a few bloggers already.

    And just like you I tried to hit both blazer week and pantone week lol.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...