1. Lou & Grey Zipside Tunic (via Loft): originally $60, on promotion for $30
2. Oversized Plaid Scarf (via Target): originally $17 - 15% cartwheel coupon = $15
3. Altuzarra x Target orchid sweatshirt: originally $30, on clearance for $9
4. LOFT Modern Straight Leg jeans: originally $80, on promotion for $40
5. Gap Outlet coat [seen here]: originally $80, on promotion for $65
6. SO Crochet Tunic Sweater (via Kohl's) - gift c/o Mom
7. SO Moccasins (via Kohl's) - gift c/o Mom
8. Simply Vera Vera Wang Leggings (via Kohl's) gift c/o Mom
But at the same time, this was a month of staples: a coat, a pair of jeans. a sweater (that I've worn four times in the past four weeks!). I highly recommend the tunic sweater from Kohl's, especially if you didn't get the Lou & Grey sweater before it sold out. It's so comfortable and works great layered or on its own. And it's half the cost!
I'm excited about the leggings and the moccasins because those are two items that were in desperate need of replacing; both had holes in them and were in terrible condition. I've been looking for a new, reliable pair of jeans for months, and I'm happy that I finally found a pair that fit my needs and wants.
In previous budget posts, I've compiled a short list of things I have my eye on. This month, I've put together a list of temptations I'm going to try to avoid:
- Black booties. As long as there are no sales, I'll be able to avoid buying them.
- Cognac boots. Hopefully Santa will leave these under my tree for me.
- Quilted sneakers. I am getting so much use out of my leopard slip ons, I can see myself wearing a black version just as much.
- This triangle sweatshirt. I was -this- close to buying the J. Crew version last year.
- Possibly the most comfortable cardigan ever?
Next month, I'll add up each month's budget to see how I did for the year. Stay tuned!
How did you do this month? Do you see the holiday season as a time to take advantage of the great deals? What do you have your eye on lately?
[Linking up with Fran for Budgeting Bloggers]