Monday, October 13, 2014

sweatshirt tee, fancily

For day 6 of the 21 day buffet, I picked my short-sleeve pocket sweatshirt. I intended to wear it simply with black pants and a statement necklace. I grabbed the denim jacket for the ride to campus, and ended up wearing it after class when I went to Target with a friend. I want a long sweater that isn't fitted and can be worn alone or layered, and I was hoping this tunic sweater would be the one, but it was too tight in the arms.

Have no fear, though, I did not go home empty handed. I left with these slip on sneakers. My friend tried to get me to go home with any pair of shoes other than those, but I couldn't resist. Is she right? Am I ridiculous? Are those shoes ridiculous? Or have I just fallen prey to all things casual?

[Also, big thanks to those of you who offered your advice regarding the black booties. (If you haven't, you can do so here.) I'm still thinking about them, but I'll let you know what I decided.]



 Top: J. Crew Factory | exact, option
Necklace: via ShyBoutique | same
Denim Jacket: via Target | similar
Pants: The Limited | exact
Flats: Christian Siriano via Payless | option

9 comments:

  1. Bummer that tunic sweater didn't work out. It looks so cute in the pictures! And I will encourage your ridiculous shoe purchase, because I just think they are really fun and since they are leopard, they will go with everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That stink the sweater didn't work out. I like the shoe you got. Leopard goes with so many things. So I know you will get a lot of use out of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your buffet idea is cool. I must've missed the introduction to it because I was like what is a 21 day buffet? lol. I hope you find what you're looking for. When you're looking for something specific it's hard to find exactly what you want.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are perfectly justified. Those slip ons are adorable! I can't wait to see how you style them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those shoes! Great choice. Having just added a pair of leopard flats to my own wardrobe, I think they're an awesome purchase. How do you find the short sleeve sweatshirt? I keep looking at them thinking - either I'll be too hot because I'll wear it like a t-shirt or I'll be too cold because there's no sleeves. Still on the fence for myself, but it looks super cute on you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that sweatshirt tee! Such a great piece to have in your wardrobe. :)

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  7. I fully support your purchase of the leopard sneakers! They're such a fun thing to own, and I can see how they'd easily become a staple in your casual wardrobe. Plus, Audrey looks adorable in hers with dresses, so you could try it out that way too!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good find! It sounds like you found exactly what you were looking for! Great choice in those sneakers too. They're adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look good in pants, not every woman does. You also have great legs. It's like a sundae WITH a cherry on top!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...