Tuesday, October 7, 2014

purple, pearls, pleats

This was originally going to be a post about warm weather fall fashion. Or maybe a post about wearing some of my once-favorite, now-neglected pieces. But that was all before I got to class. As I began to start up the projector, one of my students said to me, "You always wear the cutest outfits. I would love to see your closet." No, no you would not. You would learn that I have a serious problem and would have me committed. Nonetheless, it still felt good to hear that, especially on a day when I was feeling unsure about my outfit.



Necklace: gifted | similar
Sweater: The Limited (gift) | save, spend
Shirt: The Limited | $18 option, grey option
Nails: Revlon Colorstay Gel Envy | exact
Skirt: The Limited | last seen here
Flats: via Target | exact


[Linking up with Laura and Lauren and Laura and Whitney]

12 comments:

  1. This is definitely my favorite outfit of yours to date! Those pearls, those stripes, the layers! So so so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, I agree - this is one of my favorites of yours, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww! Way to make your day. What a sweet student. This one is probably one of my favorites too. The fit on that skirt is perfect for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this outfit. Also you student is right you all to look cute and stylish in what you wear.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a classic look. I adore navy plus the way you're wearing the pearls is perfect for the whole look. You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You were unsure about this one? It is seriously cute! I am studying it now trying to think if I can recreate it at all. I love the soft gray and navy together!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this outfit, it's so classy. You can never go wrong with pearls :-)

    NCsquared Life

    ReplyDelete
  8. I happen to agree with your student--you always look cute! I saw this outfit on Laura's Confident Twosday linkup, and even from the thumbnail I could tell I was going to love this look. I love the combination of the pearls and layered button-up. So polished and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a cute outfit! The navy, white, stripes, and pearls go together wonderfully!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this outfit! The pearls are a really cute touch too. And yay for sweet comments from students! It has to make you feel good too since they are young and are way more hip than we are :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ahh! My students say the same thing, and secretly I tell myself "oh my goodness, if they were to see that my closet is the EXACT opposite of the clean/spotless office of mine, they'd worry." But I love this outfit- adorable. Love the way you tangled up the pearls, polishes off the look so well!

    Stopping by from the link ups,
    Clare
    Understated Classics

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my gosh, Kate! I love this outfit on you! I think you're slightly crazy for being on the fence about this outfit, but I'm glad your student confirmed that this is a great one!! I love the way your striped top looks under that sweater! And the pearls being tied up like that? Love it!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...