Thursday, October 16, 2014

love for snow leopard

I love leopard print as much as the next girl, but sometimes I think snow leopard print doesn't get the love it deserves. So when I first saw Audrey wear this outfit, I knew I would be recreating it, and that my snow leopard top would be the star of the show. I opted for some bling instead of a belt, mostly because I've been neglecting this necklace for too long. (I thought about a bold bubble necklace, but I'm not sure how I feel about those these days. Outdated? Irrelevant? Meh?)

Eye on Conservation: There are an estimated 250,000 leopards in the wild. 6,500 of these are snow leopards. And 35 of these are Amur Leopards. Thirty-five. To put that in perspective, I have more students this semester than the earth has Amur Leopards.{source}

[day 8 of the 21 day buffet: white jeans]



Blazer: Forever 21 | similar, similar
Top: Old Navy | tank optionshirt option
Necklace: J. Crew Factory | exact
Jeans: Apt. 9 (Kohl's) | last seen here
Flats: Mossimo via Target | exact


[Linking up with Simply Just Lovely and Happiness at Mid-Life]

9 comments:

  1. beauty! Love the leopard mixed with white pants. :)

    Frank Vinyl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Audrey is always inspiring. You did a great job of putting your own spin on this. Looks very sharp and clean. How interesting about the amount of snow leopards! They are beautiful creatures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love how you added your own spin on the outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I reeeeeally like that snow leopard. It's like the classier leopard. In ONE of the five classes I teach, I have almost as many students as there are Amur Leopards. I enjoy this fun fact. What courses/subject do you teach, by the way? I've wondered this question so many times that you and I have been corresponding, and I've never thought to ask.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think snow leopard is such a pretty print and not worn enough! I liked reading your factoid too. 35 Amur Leopards?? That's insane! And so incredibly sad! I really worry about some of the animal populations on Earth today and their future. :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your interpretation of Audrey's outfit and thank you for the fun fact about snow leopards too. I learn something new everyday.

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    P.S. Hope you will stop by and join TBT Fashion link up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love me some snow leopard too! I love it here with the white jeans and a little sparkle.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah! Thank you for the factoid about Amur leopards! I knew they were quite endangered, but I don't think I had ever heard the figures before. Ugh, that breaks my heart. I want the world to be filled with all the beautiful animals!!!

    Also, I'm sooo with you on snow leopard print - I actually wrote a post all about it recently, haha! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I never thought of looking for pieces with snow Leopard! I think Danielle is right about it being the classier print. And probably easier to style for work!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...