Tuesday, October 14, 2014

burgundy + olive

This outfit taught me two things: (1) I really like the way burgundy and olive look together. (2) I really need new jeans. Or I need to go for a few more runs. Or eat fewer pumpkin muffins. Wait, no, that can't possibly be right. New jeans it is! Or so I thought. Between Old Navy, The Limited, and Loft, I must have tried on 30+ pairs of jeans this weekend. I went home empty-handed. It's okay, though. Money not spent on jeans means more money to spend on pumpkin muffins. 



Shirt: (c/o Mom) American Eagle | option
Cardigan: (c/o Mom) LOFT | similar, similar
Vest: Old Navy | similar, similar 
Skinny Jeans: The Limited
Boots: Not Rated via DSW | similarw/heel


[day 7 of the 21 day buffet: booties & a cardigan]

7 comments:

  1. What a chic layered look for Fall. I too love burgundy with olive especially with the addition of plaid. you are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish my mom sponsored my blog! ;) The cardigan and vest are super cute together! I like the burgundy and olive combo, I'll have to try that soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love this color combination! I totally know how you feel about jeans shopping. I'm pretty sure I've tried on every cut and style of jeans at Old Navy (of which there are many), and NONE of them fit me. My go-to is Loft these days. They're more expensive than ON, but you can get a good deal with their (very frequent) sales.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah jeans shopping is never fun. I try to treat it like a casual thing, like, "oh I guess I could try on a few of these jeans," while pretending like I don't really need them. I think they can smell our desperation. I really like the burgundy and olive combination too. I just got a burgundy cardigan so I'll need to try it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think olive may officially be my second favorite neutral (after black, I just can't help it!). It looks great paired with burgundy! Jeans shopping is kind of the worst too, isn't it? I'm just hoping I manage to fit back into my pre-pregnancy jeans or else I see a jean shopping trip in my future that ends in tears! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh man I hate jeans shopping. They are so hard to pull on and off, frustrating when they look awesome in one area and terrible in another. Have you tried American Eagle lately? I have the most luck with their jeans department. You don't want to give up those pumpkin muffins!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...