Monday, September 15, 2014

the magical stack

Next to my closet I have a stack of clothes needing to be put back in the closet. I'm sure that stack says a great deal about my messy habits, but it's also a magical stack. It's magical because it creates outfits for me. As I was putting some other things from that stack away this weekend, I noticed this sweater, skirt, and belt, one on top of the other. Hello, Monday's outfit. It's just too bad that I can't use this trick for tomorrow's outfit... unless I want to wear three bras, a kids' Notre Dame (replica) football jersey, and a plastic bag.



Sweater: J. Crew Factory | same style, similar color
Skirt: Old Navy | save, spendsplurge
Belt: The Limited | option
Flats: via Target | exact



[Linking up with Laura]

8 comments:

  1. How serendipitous! It turned out really cute. I do that too, and with the clothes in the laundry hamper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love when outfit just randomly come together like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know, that sounds like a winning outfit to me! Since we had no room for my dresser in our temporary new room, I currently have its contents folded/thrown in large cardboard boxes. It'd be funny to see what outfit would arise from that pile. On second thought, it'd probably just be the same tanks and shorts I've been wearing lately.

    ReplyDelete
  4. bahaha! I'm sure there are some FASHUN bloggers who would attempt the 3 bras + football jersey outfit. I mean, throw on some rockstuds and grab a $800 purse! It might work!

    Anyway, I like this outfit. I love when inspiration comes from laziness/messiness! Over the weekend, I finally cleared all the clean-but-needs folding laundry off our guest room bed. So the goal is to not let that pile up again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay now I need to see what you can make happen with that other pile of items. It sounds like a Project Runway episode, so make it work! I really like this outfit, I never think to tuck in sweaters! (not that I tuck in anything ever, I'm a slob)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now there's a challenge for you! Three bras, a mini football jersey and a bag! I can't wait to see it :) But anyway, maybe I should start this pile trick because this outfit is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Um, I LOVE this outfit. If you made this happen out of a pile of clothes, I'm convinced you can make that plastic bag work :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. HAHA, this post made me laugh! You're hilarious. I love that outfit, though! What a nice combination of colors and pieces :) I usually leave my clothes folded on top of the dryer until I run out of underwear in my dresser, if I'm being completely honest, haha. Kevin's more of a "magical stack" dresser :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...