Friday, September 5, 2014

Pinspired: navy floral + bright tee

Pinspired is back! Now that I know how to get dressed by myself, I rely less on Pinterest to tell me what to wear. I do nonetheless enjoy taking outfits I've seen on other blogs or Pinterest and making them my own. I'm sure Andi is sick of me telling her how much I adore her outfit, but I really do. So much so that I've used as inspiration for today's outfit.


Now I don't have a floral skirt, but I do have a floral maxi dress. I know what you're thinking. "Kate, didn't you just rag on wearing shirts over dresses?" Yes. Yes, I did. I guess I'm a hypocrite. But I honestly do believe there's a key difference: I'm not trying to remix this dress. I'm just trying to copy Andi.



Floral Maxi Dress: Forever 21 | option, option
Mint Tee: The Limited | option, option - under $10!
Necklaces: The Limited, Forever 21 | hippo, lariat option
Sandals: Mix No. 6 via DSW

10 comments:

  1. You nailed this look. Have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just read your "rag." I don't necessarily think you're ragging on the practice, so I don't think that makes you a hypocrite. Just because you do it once doesn't mean it works for you. I agree completely though that it accessories really and truly make the difference in remixing a piece.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not surprised you chose to copy that outfit of Andi's - I keep telling her how much I love that skirt and how sad I was that it was sold out in my size!! I don't think I would have known you were wearing a dress unless you said - it totally looks like a maxi skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, that's me! I'm pretty sure I have a pin saved to copy you from the last time you wore this dress, so we are on the same page! I like your version!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sure there has been a time in everyone's life where we've been a bit of a hypocrite! Oh well. The mint top compliments the floral print so well! Being a hypocrite is worth it when you look this good! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a lovely floral skirt, I love the colours on the darker background.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really can't tell it's a dress! I think it's a really cute look! I really like the layered effect of your necklaces too. It gives a really fun element to your outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so great! I had just figured it was a maxi skirt. You sure had me fooled! Great combo Kate!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well you made it work! I totally thought this was a maxi skirt at first. And I can see why you wanted to copy Andi's look!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hmm I wore that mint tee the other day. I love the sleeves on that tee Gotta try it over one of my floral maxi dresses. Love how this came out. =)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...