Thursday, September 11, 2014

Pinspired: military vest + stripes

I've had this outfit pinned for such a long time, but I didn't think that my light blue striped top was the right top for the look. Flash forward (or backward?) to this summer when I visited my parents. My mom asked me if I wanted a striped top because it no longer fit her. Um, yes, yes I do want it. (Thanks, Mom!) So when the weather unexpectedly dropped twenty-three degrees overnight, this outfit came to be. Am I allowed to say that I really like how this turned out? Because I do. I also discovered today that I like fried jalapeno slices. And now I'm in the mood for jalapeno poppers. Danggit. 








Vest: Old Navy | spend, splurge
Top: (c/o Mom) Ralph Lauren | option
Necklace: (c/o Mom) via Kohl's | option
Belt: (c/o Mom) via Kohl's | option
Pants: Apt. 9 via Kohl's | similar
Flats: Old Navy | option

15 comments:

  1. I really like how this turned out, too! I love the addition of purple!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this a lot more than the inspiration picture. The purple takes it to a whole other level! It looks so good against the olive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love this!! I agree with Laura--I like your look better than the inspiration look. I'm definitely pinning this, as I am currently obsessed with my utility vest :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This outfit is adorable Kate!! The striped top from your mom is just perfect! White pants make it look extra crisp. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How awesome that your mom has great taste and you get to enjoy her hand me downs. I really like this how this outfit turned out. I will need to pin this for future ideas on how to wear my vest that is totally under utilized.

    Thank you so much for linking up today and I hope to see you next week!

    Alice
    www.happinessamtidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Got to love getting hand me downs. You nailed this outfit

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a great look, and I like your version even better with the purple accessories!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely! What an adorable outfit, and I love the stripes/vest combo! x

    http://www.bohochiccafe.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. looking good! you hit the inspiration right on the head
    xo Jessica
    www.NewlyLoved.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. This outfit turned out great! I really like the purple belt also!

    Nicole
    Nicole to the Nines

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love all of this together. You nailed that pin. Maybe even did it better. The purple is perfect with it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the outfit you pinned and your perfect take on it. Love that you wore purple flats with a purple belt. I happen to love purple with olive green. Your vest is perfection!

    Hope all is well. Ada. =)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Suuuuuuuper cute outfit. I love the way it turned out. Military-inspired vest may be moving up on my wish list!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love how this turned out! Especially with the purple accessories. It's weird that it got so chilly so quickly, but I'm not going to lie about getting excited to wear fall outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really like this outfit, Kate! The addition of the purple accessories is spot on. I kind of regret not putting my green vest in my capsule wardrobe, but since it's been in all of my remix challenges already, I decided to give it a break. I can already tell it's going to be worn a ton on the weekends, though!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...