Thursday, September 18, 2014

not fall yet

According to the calendar, it's still summer for another five days. So let's live it up! Let's wear our brights before we surrender to neutrals for the next six months! Let's bare our legs and let them soak up the last few rays of sunlight! ... Or let's just act as we always do and not get caught up in the little things? (Easier said than done, I know. I didn't even consider letting myself wear this skirt because it hasn't been 30 days since I wore it last. Caught up. I'm so caught up.)

Anyway, on to more important things. Like this top. I haven't worn it in such a long time, mostly because I've been stuck on what color cardigan/blazer to wear with it. And this cardigan. I almost donated it this summer, until I got greedy and wanted more than $2 for it. (Can you really blame me for that?) I would say they work together, would you agree?



Top: LOFT | also worn here
Cardigan: The Limited | similar
Necklace: Forever 21 | option, option
Skirt: The Limited | option, similar
Wedges: Merona via Target | similar, similar


[Linking up with Alice]

13 comments:

  1. This look totally works!! I love that you're still dressing summery. It's gotten to the point where it's been too cold here and out of necessity I've been dressing more fall-like. Too sad!

    xo Jackie
    Something About That

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't blame you for not wanting to sell the cardigan for 2 dollars

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's beautiful together. The gray really lets the navy and coral play together. Perfect fit if you ask me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will be clinging to summer right along with you! I thought it was colder today so I was wearing my moto jacket, and then it's like 75, so I shed it pretty quickly. My outfit isn't as cute alone, but I'm a comfortable temperature!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ummm...perfect combination, and those wedges have gotten a heck of a lot of wear. Love the pop o' color they add to every outfit. First, it was that skirt you got from The Limited that I wish I got. Now, it's the LOFT top that I remember seeing and not snatching up (despite really wanting it). Your outfit is made up of two things I wish I wouldn't have passed up. Oh, and I love your nail color :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm trying to keep a summer mindset, but it was freaking 50 degrees this past weekend! I will live vicariously through you the next few days! I like color of the tank and wedges together! This is such a cute outfit on you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like this whole ensemble! That skirt fits you so perfectly and looks so polished. I'm crazy about the print on that top--my mom actually has the exact same top, and I keep hoping that she'll decide to give it to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It all works together. I love this bird top - I have it but I am too heavy for it right now. I have worn it with green and it looks really fun with it.

    BTW, I host a weekly link up on Thursday and hope that you will join me.

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww, you are so cute, Kate! I like this last-summer-fling outfit :) I think that top is so cute and I'm really liking it with that cardigan. The weather in Minnesota has been so crazy lately. Yesterday, it was hot and humid in the morning so I was in shorts and a tee, and then we had a huge storm and it cooled it right down. Today, it's chilly outside so I'm in leggings and a sweatshirt (NO SHAME, I LOVE LEGGINGS) and wrapped in a blanket. I think this week is supposed to be equally as confused...sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  10. what is the print on your top? i can pick out some white/cream, so i think it looks just fine with this cardigan! i love this outfit! hope you're still livin' it up over there!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So glad you kept that cardigan! It matches perfectly with that adorable top. I bet you could match it with a light blue, navy, purple, grey, black, or cream. And those perfect shoes. Always the shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So fun! I love that the bright shoes bring out the pattern in your blouse!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This whole outfit just works. I love all the fun colors. And I've been hanging on to the warm weather while it's actually still here. Cool weather will come soon enough and we'll be stuck with it for longer than we'd like to.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...