Thursday, September 4, 2014

a change of blazer

Once upon a time, I wore my Gap floral sateen dress and paired it with a grey blazer and blue suede heels. I loved the outfit so much, I decided to wear it again. I try to be a good blogger and not re-post the same outfit twice, so to mix things up, I swapped the grey blazer for an oatmeal one. It turns out that that switch didn't really matter since I took off my blazer about ten minutes after getting into my office. Apparently someone forgot to turn on the a/c today. 

Oh, and here's a fun fact about this blazer: I was wearing this dress when I bought the blazer! Sometimes I'm too lazy and too impatient to go to the fitting room to try on a piece of clothing, so if I can, I'll just throw it on over what I'm already wearing. (And that's what I did that day.) When I looked in the mirror, I thought "I have to have this blazer." I realized after I took it home that it was the pairing that I loved so much, but I'd say the purchase was still a good choice. Especially because one of my favorite outfits (at least from 2013) featured this blazer.






occasion: teaching

Dress: Gap | spend, splurge
Blazer: The Limited | option
Necklace: via Groopdealz
Heels: J. Crew Factory | spend, splurge

17 comments:

  1. That is an amazing paring! I would've had to bring home the blazer too! It looks like it's a super functional wardrobe piece though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh it really is! Years ago I bought a cardigan in the same color as the blazer, but it just .. fell flat. The structure of the blazer really makes a world of difference!

      Delete
  2. This outfit is fantastic from head to toe! I really like this blazer, it fits you perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! I think the blazer was definitely a great purchase!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That blazer is really cute! Inge is right, it fits you really well! This outfit is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this dress. I do the same thing with clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those shoes were made for that dress. And that dress was made for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this dress, and your blazer, and your shoes! Everything goes so well together!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You made a FANTASTIC choice in that blazer!! The color is so pretty and it looks almost ponte which would be super cozy and easy to move in. Those shoes are serious money.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow! That really is a great pairing! That blazer fits you perfectly! I love the color, too. I mean that's it's oatmeal instead of khaki!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this dress on you (and always have). You are look slim and trim girl!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really love that dress with a blazer! I have pants in that same pattern and I absolutely love them! I've actually never worn them with a blazer before. Idea? :)

    xo Jackie

    Something About That

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've always admired that dress when I see it here on the blog--such pretty colors! I really like it with the oatmeal blazer.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This dress is just fits you so well and so does the blazer. I would say great purchase. I really like it paired with the pretty blue heels.

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh how i love this dress, i am just so sad that i missed out on it but i love seeing all of the different ways you wear it in case luck befalls me and i find it on ebay or something!

    ReplyDelete
  15. When it works, it works. As simple as that. That is both a great blazer and a great dress.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...