I was nominated by Marissa at the modern austen Brynn at brynnash to participate in the 20 Things You Might Not Know About Me tag. Both decided to put their answers in a video format (which you can see here and here). I'm not nearly as charming and sweet as they are, so written answers will have to suffice for now.
- How tall are you? According to my license: 5'7". According to the doctor's office: 5'6.75"
- Do you have a hidden talent? If so, what? No. Unless you count spit bubbles or hand farts as a talent. But seriously, I am pretty good at completing jigsaw puzzles in one sitting without looking at the box.
- What's your biggest blog-related pet peeve? "This is what I'm loving posts" that are designed to get people to click affiliate links, or anything that is obviously designed to get clicks. But the over-use of overly-cliche words: craving, uniform, obsessed, etc. is a close second.
- What's your biggest non-blog-related pet peeve? Point-blank: being inconsiderate. Driving under the speed limit in the left lane (especially on the highway). Not using a turn signal. Farting in church. Wearing too much perfume in church. (C'mon, people, we have no way to escape this!) Not flushing the toilet after you go in a public restroom. Not picking up after your dog... and anything else that falls under "lack of consideration of others".
- What's your favorite song? This is an impossible question to answer. I feel like I should say Can't Help Falling in Love since that was our wedding song. (It was the first song we ever danced to, and that was at my best friend's wedding. And it fits us so perfectly.) But I'd have to say either Nessun Dorma or Mmmbop.
- What's your favorite Etsy shop that isn't yours? I don't have one? I've never purchased anything from Etsy, but I do remember seeing a shop with cute Star Wars stuff for decorating a nursery. And another shop that had bear earrings.
- What's your favorite way to spend your free time when you're alone? Free time? What's that? (Playing solitaire or Mahjong Titans while watching chick flicks.)
- What's your favorite junk food? Brownies. Breakfast potatoes. Pizza. Anything loaded with carbs.
- Do you have a pet or pets? If so, what kind and what are their names? Yes. 2 dogs (lab/cocker spaniel mixes): Solo and Nuna, and a cat named Jade. We would have birds but we're short on space as it is.
- What are your number one favorite nonfiction and fiction books? Ummm... I can barely recall the last piece of fiction I read (I think it was Prep) so I don't have a favorite. I do read a lot (A LOT) of non-fiction, though, and I'd put the Bible at the top along with Philosophical Investigations.
- What's your favorite beauty product? Mascara. And face lotion. For the record, I suck at make up.
- When were you last embarrassed? What happened? All the time. It's not a devastating embarrassment, but enough to make me feel awkward. Most recently, one of my powerpoint slides read "we does this because...." and a student called it to my attention (should be "we do this"). I just froze in place. er.. uh... um.. yep...
- If you could only drink on beverage (besides water) for the rest of your life, what would it be? White wine. Or coffee.
- What's your favorite movie? Beauty and the Beast.
- What were you in high school: prom queen, nerd, cheerleader, jock, valedictorian, band geek, loner, artist, prep? I liked to consider myself a "social butterfly", but realistically I was a loner. Making friends was never my strong suit. I felt like most people in high school were so disingenuous, or I was just too awkward to be friends with them.
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live? If I were single, I'd say Rome. But since I'm not single, I'd say somewhere with nature, with snowy winters, summers that don't go above 85, and somewhere that isn't swarming with people. I don't know where this place is, but I'd live there.
- PC or Mac? PC. There are things I like about Macs, but I hate (HATE) all the hype. I generally avoid anything that is overly-hyped. Also, I'm poor. When my Macbook broke, I bought an HP laptop. It was 1/3 the cost and has lasted just as long as I had my Mac.
- Last romantic gesture from a crush, date, boy/girlfriend, spouse? My husband does thoughtful things for me on a regular basis, but the one that stands out the most happened on my birthday. He got me a bear painting! (A bear put its paw in paint and slapped it on a canvas, and I got the canvas-- with bear hair attached!!!)
- Favorite celebrity? I generally dislike celebrities, but I also think Ellen DeGeneres comes off like a genuinely good person. And I think Mindy Kaling is hilarious. Oh, and I do like Novak Djokovic. A lot. And Kevin Durant seems
pretty coolfine to me.
- What blogger do you secretly want to be best friends with? If I tell you, it's no longer a secret ;-)
There we go! I felt like I could do a post on all of these questions to justify my responses. Maybe I will. Hm. Until then,
I've tagged these bloggers because they are all such lovely and down-to-earth people. Plus, I actually want to know how they'd respond to some of these questions. So whether they participate or not, you should still head over to their blogs and get to know them!