Monday, August 11, 2014

navy week :: navy panel top

Navy Week is here, and I am stoked. It means I have a legitimate excuse to wear navy all week long. Andi and I are co-hosting this wonderful theme week. There will be a link up party in each of our posts all week long, and we'd love to have you join in on the fun! Link up your navy looks below!

About this outfit: my husband and I were getting together with some of his co-workers for a casual bite to eat. I wanted my outfit to be cute, comfortable, and simple. Wearing this navy top and orange/white chevron skirt together turned out to be a good decision; I received several compliments on the outfit! Note to future self: pairing a solid tee with a print skirt is a winning combination. Do you have any notes for your future self?



Top: The Limited [similar short sleeve option]
Necklace: The Limited [option, option]
Skirt: via Target [options: mini, maxi]
Sandals: via Payless [almost exact]

14 comments:

  1. Um, yeah this is a totally awesome combination. I would like to steal that skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE your outfit! The skirt is great!

    Come by my blog soon! I actually JUST posted;)!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That skirt is so cute! I love the color of it and it looks so good paired with navy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, love this skirt. I hardly ever wear the color red, but this is super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never seem to tire of the red white and blue look. This skirt is so pretty, love the aline shape. The navy with it really stands out. Pretty!
    from the link up,

    please stop by, jess

    http://www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is definitely a winning combination! This color combo also works really well. You look great!

    Nicole
    Nicole to the Nines

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE this look Kate! Definitely a winning combination. That skirt is one of my favorite pieces of yours and navy is such a great color to compliment it. Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Since I got into blogging, I sometimes tend to over-think my outfits and forget that basics can work really well. Your outfit is a perfect example! I really like the touch of cognac accessories, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've loved following your blog for a while and this is one of my favorite outfits I've seen of yours! Great inspiration. Love it!

    aubreenoelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this together! Great note to your future self. Does one really need an excuse to wear navy all week? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great skirt! I love the bold pattern with navy.
    Marie @ In Our Happy Place

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE this!! This fun skirt looks perfect with a simple navy top.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a cute look! The skirt is so fun--is that one that you were about to donate but saved at the last minute?
    I also love any excuse to wear navy :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...