Friday, August 15, 2014

navy week :: navy-ish shorts

"Isn't it Navy Week? Where's your navy?" my husband asked as he took these pictures. I told him my denim shorts were my navy item, to which he responded, "Your shorts are blue, not navy." Tomato, tomahto, am I right? It's the last day of Navy Week! Link up your looks after the jump!

I've been waiting all summer long for the weather to cool down enough for button up shirts, and that day finally came. So I celebrated with a shirt I haven't worn in a long time. I know this outfit may look boring, but honestly, I love how I felt in it. I'm also having a long shirt moment. So I'll probably spend the weekend in it. What do you like to wear on the weekends?




Top: Old Navy | same in solidsoption
Shorts: The Limited | last seen here
Sandals: Mix No. 6 via DSW




11 comments:

  1. These shorts totally count for navy week! And I love a good shorts with a button-down outfit, and this is definitely a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Demin, navy, same thing! Sounds like something my husband would say! I used to have this shirt but I had to take it back because it just didn't fit right. I guess I'll just wear it vicariously though you! And actually your shorts and button up combo may have just sparked a cute outfit in my mind!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm just impressed he knew it was navy week! I like this outfit a lot. And I have this shirt in the green stripe, but I think I've worn it exactly zero times. Maybe one. I don't remember wearing it, but surely I did, right??

    Anyway, thanks for being my co-host again this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HA I love that your husband is so well-versed in your fashion challenges. Very sweet!

    Great outfit. I always love the combination of long sleeves and shorts.

    Have a good weekend!
    xo Jackie
    Something About That

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this outfit! I like the subtle stripes! And denim is navy...right?!?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been waiting all summer to wear a sleeveless top with shorts! A button up or 3/4 sleeve top has been my go to with shorts because it's been a cooler summer here. I love that button up. It's a pretty color!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those shorts are totally navy! When I was reading your husband's comment before seeing the picture, I had pictured you in medium-wash denim. Those definitely count. And I love that top! It's definitely not boring. It looks super light and breezy and perfect summer stripes :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Weekends are the time for no fuss outfits in my opinion, and this one looks perfect for that!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that top !!! You look gorgeous xxxx
    You are welcome to visit my blog http://www.mlleepaulettegirl.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Shorts with a long-sleeve top is one of my favorite styles. It's effortless and classic.

    (If you're interested, I'm giving away a $150 gift card to KiraKira Jewelry. Enter here.)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haha, your husband is fun! I love navy and I think I have every week a navy week (almost) ;-)
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...