Tuesday, August 12, 2014

navy week :: navy button skirt

Once upon a time, I met up with a friend to get some coffee and walk around Target. While we were inside, it began to storm -- we could hear the thunder from inside. We walked around the store, twice, waiting for the storm to die down. It never did, and I needed to get home. And so I decided to brave the storm. I was drenched before I even made it halfway through the crosswalk. Go figure by the time I got home, the rain let up (or it just wasn't raining on my side of town). I knew if I didn't take pictures then, I would never get a picture of the outfit. So here's my navy button skirt for day 2 of Navy Week. 

Don't forget to stop by Andi's blog (she's co-hosting Navy Week) and link up after the jump! 




Scarf: The Limited | option
Top: The Limited | option
Bracelet: via Groopdealz | similar
Skirt: (c/o Mom) Tommy Hilfiger | option
Sandals: Mix No. 6 via DSW

Follow the jump to link up your navy looks!





13 comments:

  1. Ohh I like the navy + light pink combo. I almost tried it yesterday, but I somehow I ended up with a frumpy outfit instead (it will def not be on the blog). I really like the shape of this skirt too. I've been thinking about getting some skirts that are work appropriate without being a pencil skirt because I just feel too fancy in pencil skirts sometimes. One like this might work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh no! I hate it when I'm in a big store and there's a storm. It just sounds so creepy in the big warehouse building! Anyway, I'm glad you got pictures of this outfit, because it's pretty cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, and I'm not seeing the linkup on this post.

      Delete
  3. One of my favourite combinations is navy with light pink and white.

    Being stuck in Target during a storm is super dangerous. I mean, it's safe in that you aren't driving in a torrential downpour, but the wallet may suffer ;)

    xo Jackie
    Something About That

    ReplyDelete
  4. That skirt is too cute! I love that you carried over your lace and navy options into this outfit. Summer weather is so weird.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that pink scarf with this outfit! It's so cute with the white and navy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This skirt is fantastic! I really like the lace scarf + lace tank combo too. Plus you look cute! I would never look that cute after getting soaked haha.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really like the double lace combo. Oh to have rain....it's been way too long here in Southern California, I don't even know what that is anymore.

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. That scarf is so pretty! I really love the color and lace detail.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh no!! Of COURSE it would stop when you got home. Maybe it was the universe's way of trying to make it up to you by allowing you take outfit pictures. It could happen. Such a cute outfit too :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that skirt! It's so classy! I hate getting caught in the rain! But it looks like you didn't get wet so that's a plus!

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a super cute outfit! i really love that navy skirt and pairing it with the pink scarf is a great touch

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yep, this is a wonderful outfit! The colors are fantastic together, and I want that skirt!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...