Monday, August 25, 2014

Back to School

It's been so long since I've dressed up for work, I almost forgot how to! But luckily I teach afternoon classes this semester, so I had the morning to figure things out. The only thing I haven't figured out yet is how to dress for triple digit heat. I opted for an a-line skirt for air flow comfort, and a top I knew I could count on.  (As I put this post together, I found that I also wore it during the first week of school last year.) Luckily the a/c was on in the classroom I teach in, so I was comfortable. At least until I set foot outside. Then I started dripping sweat like I was wearing a sweater in a sauna. I wanted to get inside as quickly as possible, so I snapped a few photos of my outfit and called it a day. A terribly hot day.





Lace Top: The Limited | similar, similar
Necklace: Forever 21 | option, option, option
Skirt: The Limited | option, similar
Flats: J. Lo via Kohl's | similar, similar

10 comments:

  1. such a cute outfit!! good luck with the start of the new school year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yep, the terrible heat has finally showed up here, too! It's always the question of "how few clothes can I wear and still be somewhat appropriate??" And the answer is always too many clothes to be comfortable in 100 degrees.

    It was funny to look back at the post from last year about bubble necklaces. I finally got rid of mine a couple months ago, because I just wasn't reaching for it. I think reading blogs made me get tired of it pretty fast. Anyway, it sold at the consignment shop for about as much as it originally cost, so Nebraskans are still into it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man! The weather is awful! A line skirts are definitely the best choice if you have to be outside.You still managed to look cute with all the heat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great outfit for the first day of school. Right now here in Germany it is in the low 60's

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute and classic! I hate to say it but I'm really ready for fall weather. Before I couldn't say that out loud because I didn't want school to start...buuut now that school is here, bring on the scarf weather!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute outfit! Good luck with the start of your year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the outfit!

    I can't believe school is starting up so soon. Time flies!

    xo Jackie
    Something About That

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a lovely outfit Kate! I love the lace tee and your navy skirt is the perfect compliment with it. It's so much harder to dress cute in the heat but this looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness! You look SO great, Kate! I love the way this skirt looks on you, and the lace top is just so pretty. I think we missed out on the brutal heat other areas of the country are experiencing, which I'm pretty happy about. I pretty much hate dressing for anything over 80 degrees, haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also...I said "pretty" three times in this comment. Whoops - sorry 'bout that.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...