Monday, July 14, 2014

prepped out

This popover and these shorts were purchased at the same time. I even tried them on together in the fitting room, but hadn't thought about wearing them together because it felt like something was missing. Once I realized that I needed a belt, I was excited to wear the three together. I just had to wait for the weather to cool down first. (90 degrees is not my idea of popover weather.)

Go figure that after taking these pictures, I untucked the shirt and liked how it looked just the same. Maybe it was the lighting in the fitting room that made me not love the two together at first. Speaking of lighting, I don't know what it's doing to my shirt in these photos. I'll try to get better photos next time!  

Both the popover and shorts are still available online, and the shorts also come in guava if yellow isn't your thing. Use code SHOPSHOP to get an extra 30% off AND free shipping!



Popover (c/o Mom): J. Crew Factory | exact
Shorts (c/o Mom): J. Crew Factory | exact
Bracelet: Kohl's, Ring: Charlotte Russe
Belt: Old Navy | exact
Sandals: via Payless | almost exact


[Linking up with Molly and Lauren]

11 comments:

  1. The belt is the perfect way to top these two items off. Perfect for summers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a popover with shorts. Your sandals and belt match perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. preptastic forever! this looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the belt looks really nice if you wear the shirt tucked in! The blue and yellow look great together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the pretty, tucked in look because it shows off the belt! I'm sure either option looks great though.

    xo Jackie
    Something About That

    ReplyDelete
  6. The belt definitely helps pull it all together. Super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay yay yay for some cooler summer weather! I know we aren't in the same state, but we are close and our high tomorrow is like 75 degrees. So wonderful! I am actually looking at a similar maternity popover at gap right now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look great and glad the weather cooled down a bit - that's just way too hot!

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that popover and the soft butter yellow of those shorts. I own light-colored yellow shorts too and want to wear them with some leather cognac pieces ASAP. =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this combo! The soft yellow and blue compliment each other so well. Oh man, I can't even imagine trying to wear sleeves on a 90 degree day. I have to have my shoulders and thighs covered for work and even THAT is too hot. Whew!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...