Monday, July 21, 2014

military vest: completer piece

I won't go so far to say that the military vest is a must-have item for every woman's wardrobe, but I do love my Old Navy military vest (now $19 + 20% off with code FASHION). I put on my black shorts and a white tee to meet up with a friend, but I felt like the two were so boring together. I thought wearing my BC striped flats would add some interest, but I was still unsatisfied. It was too hot for a scarf or cardigan, so for a moment I thought I was out of luck. Then I remembered my military vest. I put it on, and then the outfit was complete. I guess that's why they call it a completer piece. What's your favorite completer piece?






Fedora: Target [save | spend | splurge]
Flutter Sleeve Tee: The Limited [similar]
Military Vest: Old Navy [this year's version]
5" Shorts: Old Navy [this year's version]
Flats: BC Footwear via Nordstrom Rack [exact]


[Linking up with Andi and Ginny for Shorts Week]

14 comments:

  1. Haha! I would say that every woman needs one! I love love love my military vest. I'll say it a million times. :) This is pretty much a perfect summer outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! I may have to run by Old Navy now and pick one up :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for the military vest! I'm with you - it sounds silly but I pretty much don't know what I would do without it. It makes even my most boring outfits more interesting! Aaaand I still love those shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This vest is one of those items that I love on everyone else, but then I just can't imagine myself ever wearing one. It looks super cute here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love my military vest. I so going to have to pair mine with shorts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love using my vest as a completer piece! It's such a great option for layering in the summer! This outfit came together so well, I really like that hat, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it! I keep thinking about wearing my utility vest this summer, but I just keep forgetting to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that military vest and the fact that you are making it work for summer. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I particularly love the hat! I think it's a completer piece in its own right. What a pinnable outfit you have here.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear, I’d like to say that your blog is awesome! And everything is amazing! I like your design, your photos and your style!

    will be happy if you find a minute to visit my blog)

    www.dianacloudlet.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a perfect outfit for an afternoon out! I've never been a vest person but my denim jacket is by far my favorite completer piece. I reach for it most during the warmer months!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am missing this completer piece and a Summer fedora in my wardrobe. Hope by next Summer I own both. You look great. Pinned!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I LOVE this outfit! I wear my green vest allll the time (ummm, like today, with a black tee and jeans...) and it always makes my outfits look just a bit more polished or thought-out. I love how they work in any season, too!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love those flats every.single.time you wear them! And I think my vest has been a bit neglected lately...I should pull it out soon!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...