Wednesday, July 23, 2014

beat the heat

How to beat the heat and dress in 100+ degree weather:

Step 1: Select a top. The shorter the sleeves, the better. I'd personally recommend letting your arms go commando and opting for a tank top. It's comfortable, it allows for ventilation, and no pit stains! (But seriously. Sweating is inevitable. Keep this in mind when selecting all the pieces in your outfit.)

Step 2: Throw on shorts or a skirt. The looser and lighter, the better. I've become a huge fan of linen and light cotton shorts over the past few summers. My linen shorts from LOFT are so light and comfortable, I sometimes forget they are there. A skirt would work, too, although absolutely no pencil skirts. Pencil skirts in 100+ degree weather results in instantaneous thigh sweating, and ain't no one got time for that!

Step 3: Open-toe footwear. Let those piggies breathe! I'd personally steer away from anything that comes close to resembling Jellies. I can see them melting into your skin. And, it's not 1996.





Tank: J. Crew Factory [exact
Shorts: LOFT [save, spend, splurge]
Sandals: Merona via Target [exact]


[Linking up with Andi and Ginny for Shorts Week]

12 comments:

  1. No jellies! Those things need to stay in the 90s! I hope you are staying cool! And those shorts look great with blue! Are those the shorts the sales person told you would only go with 1 or 2 tops?! HA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So have been using your steps on hot days. Loving your shorts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Suns out, guns out! I love the bright blue tank with these shorts. It's like they totally don't "match", but they look perfect together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually love all my jelly sandals. Mine look nothing like they used to look in the 90s though. Mine look like regular sandals, but yeah they are not the perfect sandals for temperatures over 85 degrees. Love your floral shorts.

    I follow your same "rules" for super hot days, also. Ohh and minimal or no jewelry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your sandals are really beautiful! Did you loose weight, by the way (if I may ask... :))?
    I am also all in for shorts these days... wearing them every day and in my newest post :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're too kind :) I've been working out a bit lately, but the weight has stayed the same. Shorts are the best for summer!

      Delete
  6. Seriously, this is the way to go. It's roasting outside today and if I were planning to leave the house I'd be wearing something like this for sure =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. those shorts are the cutest! I love the fun floral print and bright colors!

    kelseybang.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Randomly found your blog and I’d like to say that you have amazing design, beautiful photos and interesting posts! I’m also impressed by your style! Everything is perfect!

    would you like to follow each other?
    will be happy to see you in my blog)

    www.dianacloudlet.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yep, this outfit looks perfect for a nasty, hot day! I love my linen shorts from LOFT as well, but I'm super bummed because I can't fit into them this summer. BOOOO. I'm keeping them around though, because I'm determined to fit into them by next summer! All that extra grad school weight is making me cranky.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amen to no pencil skirts during the summer! All of your advice is spot on!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the outfit but I'm missing the background HVAC accessories...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...