Wednesday, June 11, 2014

library-chic

How to achieve the library-chic look:

Step 1: Toss hair up in messy bun or ponytail. Optional: put pencil in bun.

Step 2: Throw on a pair of comfy pants. Since leggings are not pants, leggings are out of the question. Plus, you don't want to end up looking like every other female undergrad.

Step 3: Pick your favorite button up shirt. And then roll up the sleeves. Nothing shows that you mean business like rolled up sleeves.

Step 4: Add a scarf. Rolled up sleeves show that you're serious, but it can also put you at risk of getting cold. A scarf can help keep you warm, and at the very least, add some interest to the outfit.

Step 5: Put on fun flats or sandals. Skip the sneakers. We're going for library-chic here.




Chambray: Old Navy | exact
Scarf: H&M | exact (now only $7!)
Exact Stretch Pants: The Limited | exact
Sandals: Mossimo via Target | exact


[Linking up with The Pleated Poppy and Mix & Match Fashion]

13 comments:

  1. Perfect look for getting down to business at the library! You are (almost) making me wish I was back in grad school! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. In this outfit, you're a girl after my own heart. I love the real-life look. My hair looks like that about 90% of my time awake (when I'm not at work, I guess...). It's the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this library chic look and my favorite are those sandals!

    -Rosy @ A Joyful Kind of Life

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! I've been wearing my black jeans and chambray a lot lately. I really like how you kicked it up a bit with the sandals and scarf!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ahahaha...yet another reason to like you. That scarf is such a lovely print. Blue and white make such a crisp, fresh combination. (It sounds like I'm talking about food, and now I'm hungry for blueberries and mozzarella.) This outfit is inspiring me with some items from my closet. I do believe I'll have to pin the look.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahaha, yep, this is a great outfit! I lived in outfits like this in grad school...and now in the summer, I've been wearing similar iterations of it as well! I agree with you about the rolled up sleeves - that's basically the only way that I wear my button ups :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha! I love the run down, but this is seriously a cute and comfortable outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is really cute! I don't think I've ever worn a scarf with a button shirt. Not sure why I haven't thought of it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute librarian chic look! Wished I had the hair to pull off the messy bun.

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm a librarian, and I would wear that too...and hopefully be mistaken for a student! =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute outfit, cute title, cute post. This outfit reminds me a little on the one I did a few days ago with the polka dot chambray, green jeans and green floral scarf from The Limited that we both own. Except my outfit was "less messy", not as much a library student look lol.

    Gave you a shout-out on today's post. ;-) You're welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hahahahaha I'm going to have to remember these rules! I follow rule number 1 any time I'm trying to concentrate on something because this unruly long hair causes much distraction! I like that you think outside of the box and skip the leggings and sneakers to look more polished and be better prepared for wherever the day takes you.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...