Friday, May 30, 2014

Pinspired: chevron + open stitch

I've been working on purging my closet, and I'm sure you want to know how it's going, so I'll tell you. Some of it is easy. Tube tops from 2008? Bye-bye. Some of it is really hard, though. Take for example this chevron skirt I got from Target. If memory serves correctly, I ran out and bought it immediately after seeing it on another blog. I thought it would be so versatile and would be the skirt I'd reach for all summer long.

Fast forward a year later, and of the five times I've worn it, I can't say that any of those outfits were winners. I have this feeling I should get rid of the skirt since I don't love it, but I don't hate it, it fits, and I know I can come up with some other way to wear it. Doesn't that give me more reason to keep it than to get rid of it?

ALSO: If you haven't already, it's time to enter the $250 LOFT giftcard giveaway! Today is the last day to enter!


Today's outfit was inspired by this pin {via Sidewalk Ready}. 
I was originally planning on wearing it with my lace tee, but I opted for a more relaxed approach.



Top: Worthington via JCPenney | option, option
Necklace: Forever 21 | option, option
Skirt & Belt: via Target | pencil option, mini option
Sandals: via Target | this year's version

3 comments:

  1. I love your skirt!! I think you could pair almost any color with it. Colors with lighter hues such as light pink or lavender would look nice without looking too bright. What about trying these:
    a plain white or grey tee knotted at the waist
    plain neutral top + light colored cardigan (lavender, navy, grey)
    any of your neutral pullover sweaters tucked in (or add a patterned collared shirt underneath like your adorable gingham ones)
    white tank with snaps on the front and either your chambray worn open or your cargo vest
    white/grey tee under denim jacket

    I think you should keep it!! I think you can do a lot more with it than you think :)
    Lauren
    Exploring My Style


    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you could keep it! It would be so cute with a solid black tee and a chunky turquoise necklace! The way you styled it today is also great! Oh, and Cognac boots would be amazing with it for the fall! :) Carylee | morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to have the same skirt but in a different print, and while I loved the fit and the length of the skirt, I wound up hating the material. It was so clingy and static-y!! So...I wore it a few times and realized it wasn't worth the hassle. My new mantra with my closet is "If you don't love it, don't keep it." I do really like it with that top, though - the relaxed look is great!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...