Thursday, May 1, 2014

peach gelato + deep burgundy

I don't really have anything to say about this outfit. Well, except that it's boring. But it's comfortable, and it gets the job done. My husband had some things to attend to in the big city, and I found myself with over an hour to kill. I could have read while I waited for him (which I probably should have done), but instead, I chose to do some window shopping. 

I went to Madewell, Anthropologie, and J. Crew, but everything was so... blah (read: overpriced and uninteresting). But then even the great sales (an additional 60% off clearance items at LOFT, additional 40% off clearance items at Banana Republic) had me walking away empty handed. Admittedly, I was tempted by these elephant shorts and this elephant scarf, but I didn't want to blow through my budget in the first day of the month.

With ten minutes to spare, I popped into Gap, hoping to find this v-neck tee (it's on my wishlist) and/or these pointy flats. The flats felt flimsy and weird on my feet, so I passed. The tee wasn't on sale, but this gingham shirt was (also on my wishlist). It came home with me, and for the first time in a long time, I'm eager to wear something I just bought. 



Top: Old Navy | in yellow, option
Cardigan: (c/o Mom) LOFT | option
Jeans: The Limited | similar
Flats: via Target

10 comments:

  1. I love this cardigan and the color combination you have going here! Too bad those elephant shorts weren't cheaper, because they are pretty awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This look isn't boring - it's classic! :) The combination of colors with your cardigan and shirt are a really great combination too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man, those shorts really are cute. I might have to stalk them until they go on clearance!
    I am on a gingham kick these days, so I'm anxious to see all the different ways you style your new shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hooray for the gingham shirt! And good job at having self control with those elephant print items. I want those shorts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha, love the name of this blog post by the way. So clever. And now I am craving some Pink Gelato. I actually wore similar colors (blush, black & dark red) in my outfit yesterday but a totally different outfit. And I co-hosted a link up so please come join me and link up this lovely outfit. Thanks.

    I want a BF Cardigan in Maroon. Looks so good with that Peach Button-up.

    I too need a White V=Tee (btw that one is showing on sale online), 1 or 2 Gingham button-ups (I love yours and I'd be excited to wear it also) and some Striped flats like those. Laura of I Do Declaire purchased those and loves them. Too bad they didn't work for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't think it is boring at all! The peach and burgundy is an unexpected combo and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i don't think this outfit is boring either, i like the peach/burgundy and that the length of the cardigan is the same length as the untucked button-down! and good for you for not succumbing to crazy sales. if i came across an extra 60% off clearance sale i probably would have found something to buy just because it was that great of a deal.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love those fall colors!

    I want to invite you to enter my blog's #HopeForMoms Giveaway (total giveaway valued at $810!) All you have to do is write a #HopeForMoms status which will be shared with mom survivors of human trafficking through International Princess project. :D Check out more details at my blog!

    God bless,
    Christine
    www.beyoutifulhope.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like today's outfit, Kate, even if you think it isn't special. The color combination is unexpected, but I like it. I'm glad you used such self-restraint in not buying those elephant shorts...I would have had a hard time, haha. And hooray for finding the gingham shirt you've been waiting for!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...