Friday, May 2, 2014

new gingham shirt!

I said yesterday that I was eager to wear the new gingham shirt I just picked up from Gap. It's the first time in a long time I have bought something and worn it the very next day. Part of the reason I wait to wear something after I buy it is to make sure I really want it, and that it wasn't an impulse purchase. I knew this wasn't the case, since a pastel gingham shirt was on my wishlist. The other reason I wait to wear something is to make sure I can't get a better deal. I knew I wouldn't find this top for less than $15, and I don't hate that I spent that much on it. It really goes with so many different things in my closet; I know it's a purchase I won't regret. [I'm honestly tempted to go back and get another one!]

[Sorry for the hit and miss photo quality these days. Also, I am wearing a navy skirt, navy tights, and black shoes (gasp!). I broke my own rule of not wearing navy and black together just because I was unhappy with the way any other shoe looked on my foot this morning. I was hoping I could get away with the navy and black pairing.]



Cardigan: (c/o Mom) J. Crew Factory | similar
Gingham shirt: Gap
Navy Skirt: The Limited
Belt: The Limited | option
Wedges: (old) via Target

8 comments:

  1. love the color of your top. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great gingham top and it looks awesome with the cobalt cardigan. I didn't notice the mix of navy and black even after you pointed it out. I don't wear those 2 colors together much either - I just can't make it work. Have a great weekend!

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh I love that mint colored gingham top! I'm with you on the waiting on wearing a new item. I've bought on impulse way too many times and I've definitely experienced my share of buyer's remorse lol. You're going to get a lot of use out of this shirt! It's perfect for layering or just wearing on its own with jeans:)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't tell in the pictures that you are mixing navy and black! I love this top! And I'm excited to see how you wear it so I can steal ideas for my white/mint polka dot top!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a really cute top! I love it with the cobalt. And honestly the navy and black don't look bad. I didn't notice it at all. I don't like pairing navy with black because my mom told me I would look like one big bruise, but I think if it's just shoes you are fine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well I can't tell at all that you are wearing black shoes with navy tights. I think that sometimes we are our hardest critics :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am the same way - I usually wait WAY too long to wear new items. I don't even know why! Ha. Anyway, I definitely didn't notice the black and navy but I feel like all fashion rules are made to be broken these days? And that gingham shirt is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your reasoning for not wearing something right away. I do that too, but hadn't ever thought of why, but you're totally spot on!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...