Monday, May 19, 2014

blue tee + floral skirt

I store my winter clothes in a bin during the summer, and store my summer clothes in that bin during the winter. I have such a terrible memory, that it's almost like Christmas when I open up the bin. I forgot that I had this skirt, but was really excited to wear it again (especially because I only paid $5 for it!).

Pairing this skirt with a top that is the same color as any of the flowers is an obvious choice, but sometimes, I think obvious is the right choice. Do you prefer unexpected pairings, or do you go for the obvious?



Tee: The Limited | similar
Necklace: groopdealz | same
Skirt: LOFT | option
Sandals: Mix No. 6 via DSW


[Linking up with Molly, for Trend Spin, and for Style Sessions]

10 comments:

  1. I do the same thing with my summer and winter clothes and it's always the best to remember what great pieces you have to add back into your closet! I love this fun look; I like your skirt with the matching tee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love cobalt blue! That skirt was definitely a great deal! Sometimes I like obvious pairings, but sometimes something less obvious appeals to me. It's nice to have options. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I almost bought the shorts in this print when they were on clearance. I would have definitely bought the skirt. I think it looks really perfect with the obvious cobalt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a pretty color combination! I really love the print on the skirt too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's actually a really great idea! I know that some bloggers only like pieces that they can remix year round. I try to do that for a lot of pieces but I can't help thinking that it's fun to have pieces that you save for particular times of the year...that way you aren't sick of them! I might have to copy your organization style!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that! Christmas every season sounds amazing to me! :) I can't believe you only paid $5 for that skirt! Score!

    http://kacieskloset.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a pretty look! I love the coordination of colors here :) My favorite piece is that skirt, so adorable!

    By the way, I just updated my blog with a new post. I’d love for you to swing by: http://www.fashchronicles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm pretty much a matchy-matchy kind of girl, so the obvious pairings are the ones I usually go with. The cobalt tee looks perfect with that skirt, and I love the look of your necklace with it as well. This shape of skirt is perfect on your body!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...