Tuesday, April 22, 2014

white, floral, and navy

Did you have a good weekend? I got a mild concussion playing soccer on Saturday which put me out of order until yesterday afternoon. Luckily, I didn't have any serious side effects. Unfortunately, I had to spend my weekend sitting still and doing nothing. 

Today my husband took me to go see Disney's BEARS. You should go see it. Now. Because it's not in theaters much longer. After the movie, we went to a few stores. I popped into J. Crew for a bit, and was surprised to see how much they had on clearance. The racks could barely contain all of the hanging sweaters and shirts. I was really tempted by this top (in vanilla), but when I learned it was final sale, I passed. I just didn't love it enough. And really, I need bottoms, not tops. After some shopping we had a bite to eat and went back home so I could get some work done. All in all, it was a great way to make up for a lousy weekend! 



Top: Old Navy | option, option
Cardigan: (old, c/o Mom) Old Navy
Necklace: The Limited | option
Belt: The Limited | similar
Pants: Apt. 9 via Kohl's | similar
Flats: Steve Madden via DSW

14 comments:

  1. That tank top looks so cute with white capris! So glad to hear you are ok! And I guess I need to stop by JCrew for a bit! And soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eek! I hope you're OK after that concussion! My husband currently does research on preventing concussions in contact sports, so I know far more than I care to on the subject.
    I really love this outfit! I just recently bought some white jeans, so I might have to re-create this look soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha, I (jokingly) asked my husband if I should wear a helmet during our next soccer game. (To which he said, "they probably won't let you".) It was interesting to see how many of the concussion treatment tips end up being more about prevention!

      Delete
  3. Ahhh concussion doesn't sound very pleasant. At least it sounds like you're doing better!

    I love the floral top on you, and the fun necklace.

    Kudos on the will power passing up the sale piece at J. Crew. It's so easy to get sucked into a good deal, just for the sake of being a good deal.

    xo Jackie
    Something About That

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was definitely tempted to walk away with at least something just because of the great deals, but I just didn't love anything (and most of the stuff available wasn't in my size anyway).

      Delete
  4. Ouch! Glad you feel better and was able to do some fun things this weekend. I love this top on you. It's one of my favorite of yours. I used to have this top too but got too fat and can't get into it any more :(

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Alice! I actually found myself just barely squeezing into the bust of it, but I was hoping no one would notice :P

      Delete
  5. Ooh yikes! Sorry to hear about the concussion and your lousy weekend, but I'm glad you are feeling better and had a great day to make up for it! This is a really fun spring outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. There's almost nothing scarier than the words "final sale." Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Look at you, all spring-y! That is crazy you got a concussion! Do you play indoor soccer? My aunt got slammed into a wall playing indoor soccer and ended up with a pretty severe concussion (and the lady that did it got kicked out the league...). Anyway, I'm glad you are better! And yay for a movie called "Bears" - it was meant for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha, of COURSE you would go see Bears! And concussion from soccer? ouch. I hope you're okay! Love this outfit and the floral top :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a bummer about your concussion!! I'm glad to hear you're recovering nicely :) Also, you should be happy to hear that when I saw the trailer for Bears, I immediately thought of you. Obviously. I haven't seen it yet, but I REALLY want to - they're so dang cute!!!! I really like that shirt, too, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  10. ah! I hope you are fully recovered from your concussion! Be careful!!! And good for you to have self control at JCF and leave the top behind. It's cute, but if you don't love it, you made the right decision. I'm hoping to focus on cleaning out my closet in May and not adding much else until I have gotten rid of some things!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...