Wednesday, April 30, 2014

red + snow leopard

I was once advised by a professor to wear red if you have to give a presentation because it will make you appear confident. I've followed that advice since then, with no exception today when my supervisor came to observe me teach. I wanted to appear confident, or at least to hide the fact that I hate being observed. (I don't know why, but I can't act natural when I am being observed.) I chose the red cardigan, paired it with my favorite black ankle pants, and added the snow leopard top because I haven't worn it in a while. I let the top stand alone, lest I be accused of wearing a statement necklace everyday ;-P (I did intend to wear dangling earrings, but couldn't fit a single complete pair.)



Top: Old Navy | option, option
Cardigan: The Limited | option
Ankle Pants: The Limited | option

9 comments:

  1. Ooh I love this combination! That top is really cute. I don't enjoy being observed either, it feels strange and then I act strange. I'll have to wear red next time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is it about observations that do that?! When I get observed it's not that I am worried they will think I am horrible or fire me, but I get so nervous and well...unnatural! At least you looked fabulous for yours! I love this combo of leopard and red. You definitely rocked it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How can you go wrong with a pretty animal print and this color combination? You cannot. Well, some people could, but YOU cannot. Do you feel like your observation went well? Unfortunately, I continue to act just as strangely observed as I do not observed, which I should probably avoid. However, a leopard can't change its spots. (Like what I did there?)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a pretty combination! I might have to try wearing red the next time I give a presentation :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never knew that about the color red

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love animal print paired with red! Great outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You can't go wrong with black, white, and red! Well, maybe some people can. I don't wear this combo as much since I moved to Nebraska. Because people think you are dressed to support the Cornhuskers! No, it's just that these colors look really nice together!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I support this outfit - that top is so fun, and I love it with the red! Also...I am the same way about getting observed! I had to get observed doing counseling sessions countless times during my grad program, and it made me so awkward every time. And when I'd be counseling students during my internship on my own, I did just fine, but as soon as my supervisor would enter the room to observe me, I'd freeze up! Dumb.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...