Friday, April 25, 2014

Pinspired: chambray + fuchsia

Most of my "Pinspired" looks are the result of intentionally recreating an outfit I have pinned. Today's look was put together on a whim, only to later realize that I had similar outfits already pinned (like this one, this one, and this one). I wasn't planning on wearing the blazer all day, but it was cool enough to keep it on. Do you ever put an outfit together, only to later realize that your outfit is the same as one you already have pinned? 

On an unrelated note, this skirt has been neglected for over a year (last worn). Why? Because after washing it, it developed a crease that would not come out-- regardless of how many times I put it through the dryer, or how many times I tried to iron it. A few weeks ago, it dawned on me that I should just try washing it again. And so I did. And the crease came out! Hooray for putting an old skirt back into rotation!



Occasion: Teaching
Blazer: Forever 21 | $14 option
Chambray: Old Navy | similar
Necklace: The Limited | option
Skirt: Merona via Target | option
Flats: Christian Siriano via Payless | option

11 comments:

  1. This is such a pretty color combination! Can't wait to see all the ways you style your no-longer-neglected skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely recreate looks unintentionally all the time! It is like my subconscience doesn't want to do the work of thinking of a whole new outfit. This is one I definitely love and could see myself wearing. That blazer really fits you well. I was surprised it's a F21 find! I would never have guessed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! Love this outfit!

    Come visit me soon! I miss you!

    instantmilk.blogspot.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay for rediscovering that amazing skirt

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hooray for getting use of this skirt again! I have the same one and once when I washed it, the skirt wound up being a little shorter than the lining and I was so bummed! But then, yep, I just washed it again and everything was fine haha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like the chambray shirt! I would lov to have one like that :)
    I will be on vacation for the next three weeks, just so you know that I will not be able to comment much :(
    Lots of love and dont forget me in the meantime ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look great. I like your version better than all the 3 pins. The necklace ties in the skirt, well.

    Have a Great Weekend, Ada. =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. These colors look great on you! I don't use pinterest as much as I should for outfit ideas though I pin a bunch of stuff on it.

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like it! I think my brain remembers outfits I have seen without realizing it, and then I will see the pin later! And I'm glad this skirt was saved. It's weird how washing clothes can cause strange issues.

    ReplyDelete
  10. love this color combination for spring.


    Marie @
    In Our Happy Place

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so glad you were able to get the crease out of that skirt, because it is SO cute - I love that shade of purple (MY FAVE), and I think it looks wonderful with the chambray/blazer.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...