Thursday, April 17, 2014

pantone challenge :: hemlock

Today's color for Heidi and Marissa's Spring Pantone-Inspired Color Challenge is "hemlock". I interpret "hemlock" as a sad mint, as one that lost its pizzazz. Or maybe it's just a more tame, less bold version of mint. Regardless, I feel like out of all the colors in this week's challenge, "hemlock" is one that I actually have in my closet. Truth be told, this top wasn't actually in my closet. It was in a bag, ready to be donated. After wearing it today to run errands, I am thinking I am going to hold on to it, at least for a little longer. Have you ever put something in a donate pile, but ended up keeping it?



Top: The Limited | option
Cardigan: (taken from mom) Charter Club | option
Jeans: The Limited | last worn
Flats: Old Navy | option


literate & stylish

10 comments:

  1. I've definitely done that, basically given up on something and then have a change of heart. I'm glad you changed your mind about this top. It's very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, hemlock = sad mint. You crack me up! This top seems like it could be really versatile. I'm glad you pulled it out of your donate pile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hemlock is the weirdest name for a color! I say this every time, but seriously, who comes up with these color names?? Anyway, hooray for a blouse that made it back from the donation pile! Hopefully you like it enough to keep it around!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have done the same thing SEVERAL times. Also some items have left my closet and then I regret it big time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE that top - what a pretty color, and the details on it are really unique! I am glad you'll be hanging onto it for a while :) I have totally taken things out of the donate pile, but I'm trying not to, on account of trying to keep the number of things in my closet down :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have gone back and forth about some clothes so many times it's ridiculous. This is really cute the way you styled it. It looks nice with grey. I have no sad mint color, I used to, but don't see it in stores much.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your comment that's it's sad mint is too much - love it! Sad to say but I don't have any sad mint in my closet. This top is great on you - glad will be holding onto it for a bit longer.

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. i like the hemlocky shade of your blouse, it really is pretty! it looks great with gray (i wore my hemlock top with gray too). since i've cut back on going to the goodwill for some reason, it seems like my donate boxes hang around longer than i'd like them to in my house but luckily i haven't been tempted to peak in them to see if i want to keep anything that i've already committed to giving away. i still think i need to bring my big donate box and put it in my trunk so it's out of sight, out of mind, and will already be in my car if i pass by a goodwill!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am glad you kept this pretty top. This is a color I own very little in. I will remember that "sad mint" haha.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...