Wednesday, April 16, 2014

pantone challenge :: dazzling blue

This post could also be titled "lost in translation". I wanted to make this pin {via Hello, Gorgeous} my own, since I had the elements to recreate it. I considered adding a blue bubble necklace ("dazzling blue" is today's color for Heidi and Marissa's Pantone-Inspired Color challenge), but the necklace and glitter belt together seemed like too much. I ditched the necklace and let my heels fit the "dazzling blue" bill. It seemed to work... in theory. Something just feels off about this outfit.

But then again, it could just be that I am incomplete without my watch. I could have sworn I put it on this morning, but when I got to my office, I realized it wasn't on my wrist. I have no clue where it is. I'm lost without it. I really hope it turns up. My husband got it for me for Christmas in 2010, and I've worn it nearly every day since. Has your world been turned upside-down from losing something?





Dress: Forever 21 | option 
Cardigan: Merona via Target | option
Belt: Apt. 9 via Kohl's | sim, sim
Heels: J. Crew Factory | option


literate & stylish

12 comments:

  1. Love this. Those heels are just plain fabulous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Those heels look insanely awesome on the black tights. Love it! I think you made the right decision to minimize the accessories and allow the shoes to speak for themselves. This look really works for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh! This is such a cute look! I love the idea of adding some glitter to a black + white pattern. I think the blue heels look pretty fantastic with this outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this outfit, but I think it would be better without the tights! I'm just so tired of tights!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with Andi on this one. I think tights are just making all of us grumpy now. Even though our pasty legs might not be ready for public viewing. Of course, I think the outfit is lovely because it pulls together black, white, and cobalt, which make a wonderful combination. Always.

    t thought I lost my wedding rings one day. I was a mess the whole school day. And then Jeff texted me a picture of them sprawled on the floor under the end table. They looked so disheveled. It sure is good that he loves me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great outfit ...love those heels. I hope your watch will turn up. I hate when I forget to wear my wedding ring - I feel so lost and always looking around for it eve though it's at home.

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the pop of blue with your shoe. I'm lost with out my tennis bracelet

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh no! I really hope you find your watch! I lost one of my pearl earrings once. My husband got them for me before we were married and I wore them on our wedding day. By some miracle someone found it at my doctor's office and when I called, they had it! I love how this look turned out! I might even have similar pieces to recreate it! Pinning!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks great! I really love those fun shoes. I have to wear a watch too. I don't even check it for the time, I just feel like something is missing without it. I actually have a watch right now with a dead battery, but I still wear it because it matches some of my outfits haha.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do love that geometric print on the dress!

    ReplyDelete
  11. hey, i love this dress on you and that you chose to showcase our dazzling blue color with your fun shoes! i wish i'd gone that route one day this week! and i hope your watch shows up soon, i experience that same feeling of something not being quite right when i forget to wear my watch too, it's such a safety blanket for me.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think the blue in the heels definitely works!! It provides a great pop of contrast for the rest of the monochrome-ish outfit.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...