Tuesday, April 29, 2014

grey + grey + yellow

Shopping the clearance section (whether online or in person) can be a dangerous thing. Okay, dangerous is a strong word, but it can be a gamble. I've bought my fair share of clothes in the past just because they were $10, and then ended up not wearing them more than once or twice. In an effort to be smarter about my purchasing and spending habits this year, I've refrained from gambling by avoiding the clearance section... more or less.

I bought these pants for $12, and at the time I wasn't confident that I'd wear them that often, but they've quickly become my go-to pants for casual non-work looks. I would strongly recommend making room in your budget for a pair of grey pants if you don't already have a pair! 



Embellished Sweater: *Old Navy | option
Plaid Shirt: (c/o Mom) American Eagle | option
Necklace: The Limited | option, Rent the Runway
Zip Pocket Pants in Gray Charles: *Old Navy
Black Flats: Mossimo via Target

*save 25% w/code SAVE

12 comments:

  1. Oh good! I remember when you first got them, but didn't seem all too excited, that I thought they would be really versatile, plus you look great in them! I like the pop of yellow from your necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these on you, and love seeing you work them, since I have the same ones in green! So comfy and perfect for work.

    Katie @ Style On Target

    ReplyDelete
  4. These pants are so cute! So glad they worked for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like that plaid and the yellow necklace with them! I have some gray skinnies and sometimes struggle with wearing them. Love this inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always love the grey and yellow color combo! What a great look!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are kicking butt at the color combinations this week. Sure, we're only two days in, but I'm expecting tomorrow to be equally as awesome. Wasn't this sweater one of your Old Navy clearance finds, too? Or am I making that up? That yellow necklace is such a pleasant surprise.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really, really love this outfit, Kate. You look wonderful in those pants, and I agree that gray pants are super versatile. I love them with the lighter gray sweater and that fun yellow necklace!! I've been trying to avoid the clearance racks as well, but I succumbed this month...ahhh!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this outfit! I think some gray skinnies might be a good idea to add to my list. But wait, I'm supposed to be not shopping! It's tough when sometimes those impulse/clearance buys end up being super versatile favorite items, and sometimes they end up being worn once (or never) and then going away. I wish there was a way to know how much I'll actually want to wear something!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree with you on a clearance racks.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the grey on grey! It works really well, especially with the pop of yellow!

    ReplyDelete
  12. the plaid button-down with the hint of yellow + the yellow necklace and the great ON embellished sweater i love so much is just killing me! i love the little touches of yellow. and before reading this post, i saw another blogger comment on the greatness of gray pants... i am hoping to be able to add to that as i just ordered some gray pants from ON myself! i like that it's a great neutral but not as harsh as black sometimes is.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...