Friday, April 11, 2014

floral week :: floral dress

Today's look was inspired by this pin {via Damsel in Dior}. When I pinned it, I got my mind set on wearing this floral dress with this grey blazer. It wasn't until recently when I enlarged the pin that I realized she is actually wearing a striped blazer. Oh well. The blazer has a stripe lining. That's gotta count for something.

I finally busted out my blue suede heels (which I've been neglecting for months-- whoops). Are they too bold for this outfit? Maybe. But they make me happy, and isn't that ultimately what matters? What have you worn lately that makes you happy?




Blazer: Merona via Target | white option
Dress: Gap | this year's version
Heels: J. Crew Factory | option

[Linking up for Friday's Fab Favorites, Sunday Style, Fashionably Employed, and April Flowers]


It's the last day of floral week-- link up with Andi, Brynn, and me if you haven't already! (And even if you have, feel free to link up again!) Big thanks to Andi for allowing me to co-host!





19 comments:

  1. oh how i love this dress, it was the perfect slsection to wear during this link up! i am all about trying to wear what makes me happy these days rather than what i think other people would want to see, so i say go for the bold shoe. i love this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this dress so much! And I think the blue heels are fun! They play off the blue in the dress without being too "matchy matchy."

    ReplyDelete
  3. That dress is amazing! And yes those shoes are bold, but in a very good way. They compliment the dress so well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This outfit makes ME Happy! Gorgeous dress, gorgeous blazer, gorgeous shoes. All pinned. Way to end Floral Week with a bang!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty dress. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a pretty dress! I love how the blazer adds structure and contrast, and the pop of blue in your shoes is adorable!

    xo Always, Abby

    ReplyDelete
  7. This dress is so pretty and looks perfect with your blazer. I don't think your shoes are too bold at all, love them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those shoes would definitely make me happy too. :) Love the bold color! I'm happy that spring finally feels like it's here and can't wait to wear dresses without tights like you did with this one!

    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the dress/blazer combo! It's super sharp together!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love all the elements of this outfit.... the structured blazer over the floral dress + the pop of color from the blue pumps. two thumbs up! :)

    visiting from the Sunday Style link up!
    Rhea, Et Cetera - Casual Friday outfit

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic dress! The colors and print are gorgeous! Your blue suede shoes were a perfect accessory too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Too bold? Not at all! I think they make this outfit! I love it. I've been wanting to add a few pairs of bright colored heels to my closet.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love that dress! Definitely going to dig through your archives to see all the other cute ways you've styled it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a great dress! So cute!

    Tiffany Ima
    <a href="http://stylehonestly.com>Style Honestly </a>

    ReplyDelete
  15. such a pretty floral and I love the blue with it!

    Marie @
    In Our Happy Place

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great dress! Those heels look great with it!

    Nicole
    www.nicoletothenines.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ah! I am still in love with this dress. I like the gray blazer with the dress, and the blue heels are a fun pop.

    ReplyDelete
  18. wonderful look. do you have the option of subscribing to your lovely blog?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...