Friday, February 21, 2014

NLN: Polka Dot Blouse 2.0

My current top 5 favorite TV shows?
1. The Mindy Project
2. Grey's Anatomy
3. Parenthood
4. Last Man Standing
5. Pretty Little Liars
(dis)honorable mention: The Bachelor.

Why do I like these shows?
1. Mindy. And her clothes.
2. Old habits die hard. I can't quit it until it's all over.
3. Drama, drama, drama.
4. Home Improvement 2.0
5. I'm a sucker for suspense.


Every time the theme song (is that what it's even called? the opening?) for The Mindy Project runs, this outfit catches my eye... 

{via}

... and I can't help but think, "I should recreate that look." And finally, I did. [Although I categorize this outfit as a fail, and hers is definitely a win.]




Blouse: The Limited [option]
Cardigan: borrowed from Mom [option]
Skirt: The Limited [option]
Tights: via Target [exact]
Wedges: via Target


I probably should have added a necklace, but I couldn't figure out which one. I really love Mindy's belt, and planned on wearing my silver glitter belt, but it didn't look right in the outfit.




... and that's why I like The Mindy Project. She's definitely onto something. McDonald's would cheer me up.



[Linking up with Ginny and Jenn for Style Swap]

14 comments:

  1. I LOVE the Mindy Project! She totally has amazing clothes! I don't think your outfit looks like a fail, it's cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! You should come link up for style swap :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not a flop. I love the color of your skirt. I just got a pair of pants from Banana Republic in that color, and I REALLY wish they worked. Boo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know why you think this is a fail--I think this is a cute outfit! I love the color of your skirt combined with the tiny dotted shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whatever, you look darling in this outfit, Kate! I guess I should probably start watching The Mindy Project, eh? I have had so little time to watch TV in the past couple of years, so I feel like I'm so behind on all these newer shows! I feel you on Grey's Anatomy, by the way. I was a diehard for YEARS, and then boycotted it for a few seasons after the episode where the kid got stuck in the concrete ball (SO RIDICULOUS). I got sucked back into it when Kevin and I got Netflix and now I'm trying to catch up on last season. I'm pretty much obsessed with Zola...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't watch too much TV and may have seen The Mindy Project once. We try to catch up our shows on Netflix but do such a poor job at it. You did a great job recreating her outfit. I have very similar pieces in my closet and will need to give this a try.

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. ugh, i am so in love with the mindy project and pretty much died at the conclusion of the last episode when i saw a notification on the screen that the show wouldn't return until april. but i am with you, i adore mindy's outfits... i think you did a pretty great job replicating this one of hers!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need to get caught up on the mindy project. I don't think you outfit is a fail at all.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your interpretation of her outfit! We have very similar tastes in TV shows, but I actually don't watch The Mindy Project, but now I'm thinking I should... hmmm... :)

    xo Always, Abby

    ReplyDelete
  10. I need to watch that show (and copy this outfit)! I loved her book, but I am bad at watching TV, and I can never remember what to watch on Hulu later. Like today, I just spent a few hours watching New Girl. Season 1. I'm getting outfit ideas from Zooey Deschanel!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great pick for a look to recreate! Such a great color skirt. I've seen a couple of episodes of The Mindy Project, but maybe I need to watch more! :)

    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are adorable and this post made me seriously laugh!! I don't think you look was a fail AT ALL! You look fantastic. Thanks for linking up with the Style Swap!
    oXo
    jenn

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oooookay, I really want to watch The Mindy Project! it's not on Netflix so I haven't been able to give it a try yet. I've only heard good things. And cute clothes is definitely a bonus!

    I really like the way you recreated the outfit, Kate!

    ReplyDelete
  14. #2- Yes! I just can't quit it! I don't think your outfit was a fail at all. It is so cute and your skirt really pops!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...