Monday, February 17, 2014

NLN: Lace Top | Pinspired: Lace & Stripes

Do you keep track of how many times per year you wear a particular item? Do you have a goal in mind? Part of how I decide what to wear for No Longer Neglected is by just staring at my closet and noticing the things that I know haven't been worn in a long time. The other part involves remembering items I was really excited for when I bought, but are not currently favorites. This lace top falls in both categories. I wore it for NLN last year because it still had its tag on and needed to be worn. This time around, it is a NLN piece because it's only been worn twice since then. 

I was inspired by this pin {via Lilly} and made it work appropriate by swapping out the jeans for black pants. I have a turquoise bubble necklace, but decided on the cobalt when I saw that I wore the turquoise necklace the second to last time I wore this blazer and the last time I wore this top! I had another one of those mornings where I just couldn't decide on the shoe, so I went with the default black flat. This actually turned out better than I hoped, and is probably one of my favorites of the month!




Blazer: Shade Clothing [similar, option]
Lace Top: The Limited [option, option]
Necklace: via Amazon [same style]
Belt: via Kohl's [similar, similar]
Pants: The Limited [same style]
Flats: via Target [exact]


[Linking up with Molly]

Follow the break for a recap of my adventures at the mall this weekend.

I went shopping this weekend and I bought something. I've had my eye on this scarf for what feels like weeeeks, but I couldn't bring myself to spend more than $10 on it. I finally gave in just because I want to wear it so much. I almost bought this skirt from The Limited, but they didn't have my size in store. Sizing down made it sit too high, or it was just too short. With the 50% off promotion and free shipping online, I went ahead and ordered my size. We'll see how it turns out. A-line and full skirts really are a better option for my body type, or at least I feel more comfortable in them.

I wasn't too impressed with the rest of the weekend sales. I think these floral pants from Banana Republic are the bee's knees, but can't imagine spending more than $25 on them. I doubt they'll ever get that cheap, so in the mean time, I am left to think how many more pairs of print crops do I really need? (answer: none. or  maybe one.)

The last place that had anything that caught my eye was Gap. This dress seems pretty fantastic, but they didn't have my size in stock. Again, I can't see myself spending $50 on it, so I'll  wait. If it goes on sale, great, if not, oh well. (Is that a sign that I don't actually need the dress?) I also have my eyes on these flats, but if history tells us anything, it's that they will be sold out by the time they are $20.

Did you go shopping this weekend? Did you buy anything? If you're on a shopping ban, how are you holding out?

13 comments:

  1. My lace top from the Limited is pretty neglected right now, and after all the "I need a lace top!" rantings I went on about. I think it shrunk and I just don't love the fit of it anymore. I love this outfit. The blazer is perfect with the lace top.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute look, I really end to try my dress pants with a striped blazer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ummm...pretty sure I have that exact lace top and I wear the crap out of that thing...when it's not frigid outside. I particularly liked it with my black pleated skirt, cognac shoes, and cognac belt. By the way, I pined over that same blue dress at Gap (and decided I already have a similar color in lace) as well as those flats. They have a VERY similar pair at Old Navy, by the way! Finally, I keep going back to The Limited for that skirt, but I never pull the trigger. It's something about the POCKETS and built in belt. I'd call you my twin if that didn't seem super creepy, so I won't say it directly....

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such a perfect striped blazer and it fits you so well! Love the gold belt, too! I kind of wish I could go to multiple stores in a day, but typically I have to limit it to an hour here or there. Thank goodness for online shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab outfit!!! You look great :)

    - Whit
    polishedandpink.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is great! I'm actually on the hunt for a replacement lace tee, because I have worn mine so much and it's starting to look a little worn out. I haven't done any shopping this month. It's not an official ban, but I'm just trying to avoid shopping for the sake of shopping. I want to get a better idea of what I have, what I should get rid of, and then make a new wish list. It helps me stay somewhat focused (or else I end up with too-short dresses!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really love that blazer! I'm also a little obsessed with the floral pants you linked to...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the stripes and the lace together. Very pretty!

    The dress from Gap is really nice, but I have a hard time paying $50 for anything there, just because there's ALWAYS a sale!

    I went shopping this weekend and got a pair of sandals from Target ($25!!!) and a really pretty transitional sweater...it's the one in my "current obsessions" photo. Nothing too crazy!

    xo Jackie

    Something About That

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wanted to buy that scarf too but passed it on because I just bought a navy one in a similar pattern. I also ordered a couple things from The Limited this weekend and hope they work out.

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. This outfit turned out so cute. If I had a blazer like yours, I would copy it in a heart-beat. I gave you a shot-out on the blog, yesterday. =) Check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You outfit is adorable. I keep a clothes log with all the clothes I wear. The when I do my monthly remix is when I find out how many times I have worn whatever item. I'm writing about.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I totally understand why this outfit is one of your favorites - it is so cute! You always do such a great job styling that striped blazer, and I'm so happy you finally pulled out your lace top again! It's so cute!

    As for shopping, I'm proud to say that I haven't bought anything in February this far! I'm so proud of myself and can't wait to write my February Budgeting Blogger post ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. that is such a pretty lace top, i'm always looking for white button downs and white blouses because i seem to layer with them so often but other times for me plain white tops aren't as fun to reach for and build an outfit around as printed/colored tops.

    and i guess i haven't ever really thought about tracking how many times i wear a certain item; i have tags on my blog for each item i wear so i can click the tag and see outfits featuring every item that is pretty accurate, but i wonder if there is another way...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...