Thursday, February 13, 2014

NLN: Lace Dress + Floral Scarf

A few months ago, I was in Forever 21 looking for a grandpa cardigan. While walking around, I came across one lone, solitary, white lace dress. I've had a white lace dress on my wishlist since last summer; my mom and I were at TJ Maxx and she found a super cute lace dress for me, but it didn't fit well. The Forever 21 dress fit great, and I had store credit to cover it, so it went home with me.

And then it hung on the back of my closet door for months. I have had many ideas for how to style it for warmer weather, but none for current cold weather. That was until Danielle wore this outfit. I've never belted a scarf (successfully, at least) so I decided Ginny and Jenn's Style Swap would be the perfect opportunity to give it a shot.


I wasn't a fan of how my leopard infinity scarf looked with the dress and cardigan, so I swapped it for a floral scarf a friend gave me a couple months ago that I've only worn a couple times. My red skinny belt was too harsh against the floral scarf, so I swapped it for a coral-ish red-ish pink-ish skinny belt instead.




Scarf: gift from friend
Cardigan: via Target [similar]
Belt: The Limited [option]
Dress: Forever 21[similar]
Tights: via Target [exact]
Boots: Dexter via Payless


Although the reds and pinks are subtle, it was the perfect outfit for an early Valentine's Day lunch date with my husband. Join the fun and link up your Valentine's Day look!

follow the jump to link up!




14 comments:

  1. Wow! This turned out great! I've never belted a scarf either, but might have to give it a shot now. I love both of your outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Buttoning up a cardigan is such a great idea. I need to make use of that trick. Your friend has good taste because that's such a lovely scarf. I'd say your belted scarf is a big success! I'm always surprised when people find such good, perfect length dresses/skirts at Forever21. My bum makes everything look twice as short, so I wind up looking like a hooch. Your dress is the perfect length!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never tried belting a scarf, but you both look pretty fancy. I might have to try it someday. And I have to echo Danielle's comment about length issues at F21, but then again, I have length issues almost everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look great!! I love the idea of belting a scarf, although I might be too much of a wimp to try it myself just yet. I really love the pattern of and colors in the scarf.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a great look! I have a lace dress and would never think to wear it with a sweater & scarf over it. I will need to swap this look :)

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did such a great job with this. I like Danielle's version too, but I actually prefer yours. That is such a pretty scarf. I too wanted a White Lace Dress so bad and finally purchased one in late December. I am wearing it on the blog today for a Special Valentine's Day Post that I am linking up for the finale here. Please check out the post and my Looks. I will keep this in mind now and re-create it, of course. =)

    Happy VDay Kate!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great look! I really love that scarf. I've never tried belting a scarf, maybe I will have to after seeing how great it looks on you two!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this look!!! So cute! Thanks for linking up.
    oXo
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  9. This outfit is so pretty!! I really need to try belting a scarf over a cardigan. I've been debating what to wear all morning and I think I may just copy this but with a pink skirt...
    Visiting from the Style Swap link up :)
    Lauren
    Exploring My Style

    ReplyDelete
  10. I need to try out this look too! I also neeeeed those boots. They don't have them online though... poop.

    ReplyDelete
  11. you both look great. I love belting scarf.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm not sure I can say I'm a fan of the belted scarf look, but I think if I *were* to like it, I would really like your version. It completes your look and is a nice touch over the lace dress (versus a kind of "um did you accidentally tuck your scarf into your belt?" look) :) Happy valentine's day, Kate!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay! I'm so happy you found a white lace dress! I LOVE mine and I need to wear it again soon - thanks for the reminder! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...