Wednesday, February 19, 2014

NLN: booties | Many Ways: Blazer

My philosophy on shoes? If you're wearing a particular pair only a couple times a season, you're not wearing them enough. I bought booties last year because they were a great price, and I really love them with skirts and dresses. Plus, I thought they would be perfect to wear under bootcut jeans in colder weather. Nonetheless, somehow my booties have turned into those shoes that I only wear during the transition from summer to fall and from winter to spring. I just haven't figured out why mine look weird with skinny jeans and even with tights. Maybe I just need some help in styling? Pinterest is unusually helpful in this matter.

Pinterest did, however, inspire me to wear plaid with a skirt. Or specifically this pin {via}, this pin {via} (and countless others I've seen, maybe pinned, but don't have the energy to find). But it wasn't until I got home today that I realized I pretty much copied Kimmie. And even myself. So many ways to be inspired!






Blazer: The Limited [similar]
Shirt: J. Crew Factory (c/o Mom) [option, option]
Skirt: The Limited (c/o Mom-in-law) [option]
Tights: The Limited [similar]
Booties: Candie's via Kohl's [option]



Not only are there many ways to be inspired, there are also many ways to wear a navy blazer! 
I'm linking up with Ginny, Danielle, and Nicole for the Many Days, Many Ways link up,
and with Tara for What I Wore to Work.


1  //  2  //  3  //  4  //  5

18 comments:

  1. Loooove these colors together. I wish I owned more purple. I have maybe one sweater and one necklace despite how pretty I think the color is. I think the booties look great with tights. Did your look convince you? It should have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the booties here, so cute! Love the blazer too, my navy blazers is one of my favorite things. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love the look you put together for today, and especially love the ones with the bear dress and the pink skirt! i was thinking about using my navy blazer for the link up, so hopefully i'll be able to wear it a bunch for a future link up!

    also, booties + pencil skirt = perfection here!

    xo nicole

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great look! I never would have thought to pair a plaid shirt with a skirt, but it totally works. Cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I had a similar reaction the first time I ever saw the combination, but there's something just so fun and unexpected about a plaid/flannel/gingham shirt and a pencil skirt :)

      Delete
  5. I love the color of your skirt! And dressing up plaid is so fun! Love how you paired the blue and green plaid with purple here. Great look!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree about booties. I have a pair that I've worn just a couple times. Mine are flat, which makes me feel like they aren't as dressy, so I don't know if they look okay with a skirt/dress. Anyway, you remind me that I should wear my purple skirt again. It's been awhile!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your purple skirt and plaid blouse. Great combination

    www.highheelsandtutus.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I got addicted to flannels this winter. I bought one from Old Navy that I really liked and this year added 2 more. Pretty color combo in this outfit - I don't own much purple but it seems to go with more colors than I think.

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe how many people think purple is hard to style! It's been my favorite color for so long, that it's never crossed my mind that it wouldn't go with most colors. (Although I am reluctant to pair it with black, depending on the shade.)

      Delete
  9. I have shoe that I do the same things with.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've been feeling really tired of tights (and cold weather!), but they look so cute booties! Thanks for the inspiration!

    xx Rach
    thebeautifulmessimade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great outfit! I've just discovered wearing ankle boots with tights and skirts/dresses and sort of love it now. Love the plaid top too. I've got an outfit planned with a plaid top and skirt, just haven't worn it yet!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this. I've been wanting to pair a plaid shirt with a pencil skirt, but I just don't own the right plaid shirt!
    As for your booties, I have some similar, and I think mine work out best dresses and skirts, but I also like them with rolled up skinnies or with boyfriend jeans. I also find that if you don't roll up your skinnies, you need to have skinny jeans that are suuuper tight at the ankles so that they don't bulk up with the jeans.
    Oh! And my favorite blazer outfit is definitely the boyfriend jeans outfit (4)! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just love plaid shirts paired with blazers- When I read that you had subconsciously copied my outfit, I was like, "huh? when did I wear something like this?" and I had to think back to all my past outfits before seeing what link you were linking to :)

    Oh and I totally love your ankle boots- I didn't use to like the dip-in-the-front-booties but now I'm liking them more and more. So cute and flattering!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ah! I love your boots, Kate! You styled them perfectly and I don't think they look weird at all on you. I am on the fence with wearing mine with skinny jeans at this point, but I love them with skirts and dresses :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the skirt with the plaid and the navy blazer.

    Personally, I'm just not an ankle boot lover. I have such short legs, though, that I feel they'd shorten me up too much.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...