Friday, February 28, 2014

NLN: Blue Boyfriend Cardi | Style Swap

At the beginning of the month, I made a list of neglected items in my closet. Some of the items were neglected because of fit, others because I just haven't gotten around to wearing them. And others, well, I can't put my finger on why they had been neglected. One such item is my blue boyfriend cardigan. I've only worn it twice on the blog (and maybe a couple times off the blog). Another item of this sort is my striped skirt. I've worn it three times on the blog (and a couple times off the blog). I decided for the last day of No Longer Neglected, I'd wear them together. 

It wasn't until I put the outfit on this morning that I was hit with the feeling that I had seen this outfit before. And then I remembered I had. Andi had worn a similar outfit last month! (Which is great, because it coincided perfectly for Ginny and Jenn's Style Swap link up!)



Just about every time Andi wears her striped skirt, I think to myself, "I really should wear that skirt more often!" I wouldn't be surprised I end up using her as a source of inspiration the next time I wear this skirt!




Cardigan: J. Crew Factory (c/o Mom) [similar]
Chambray: Old Navy [*exact]
Necklace: via Groopdealz [optionoption]
Belt: Old Navy [*exact]
Skirt: Old Navy [similar, similar, optionoption]
Boots: Madden Girl (gift)
*save 25% Old Navy purchases thru 3/1/14 w/code ONSAVENOW
** not sponsored, just trying to share the deals! 


I have a hard time coming up with ideas for how to style this cardigan. The easy option is pairing it with black and/or white. But are there any other ways to style it, or colors to pair it with?

14 comments:

  1. I think the same thing every time Andi wears her striped skirt. She is a great source of inspiration for styling it! I really like this blue cardigan (though I'm sort of in love with all boyfriend cardigans right now.) I bet it would look good with pink too, or something floral.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is perfect! I love your styling here, I'm going to have to see if this will work with my striped skirt too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this outfit on you, Kate! I agree that bright blue and black/white always look good together, but I think you could try a darker green or mustard yellow too. =)

    http://www.avecamber.blogspot.com
    http://www.bloglovin.com/avecamber

    I hope you have a great week!

    P.S. I'm giving away a gorgeous Koret Tudor Zip Pouch! Check out Avec Amber's Koret Giveaway for details on how you can enter for a chance to win.


    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this look! The striped skirt is just so cute. :)

    xo Always, Abby

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I am totally going to copy this outfit! Maybe try pairing that cardi with mustard or teal for some contrast? I think certain blues can be hard to style sometimes because they don't always look right with blue jeans. Try white bottoms.

    Ps. Your belt matches your boots perfectly, and that makes me smile. Just sayin. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome! I actually stole this outfit idea from Whitney, and she wore a blue cardigan, but I couldn't find mine, so I went with pink. I have this on my list to wear with the blue cardigan soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I saw this on Pinterest, I knew it looked familiar! haha! I love how your version took on a different color, but Kate gravitated back toward the original color -- just proves that great minds think alike! :)

      Delete
  7. Okay, two color suggestions (because I've tried them and they work): olive or gray. I wore cobalt pants with a gray cardigan and really liked the combination. It felt a little softer than my usual black, cobalt, and white pairing. Also, I've found the olive goes with almost anything. It's quickly becoming one of my favorite "neutrals." Can I call it that? I think it qualifies, yes? I don't know why I'm still typing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. not THE olive goes with everything but THAT olive goes with everything...

    shame on me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this look! I've had a similar one on my pinterest board for a while, but haven't worn it yet. I love the necklace you added, too. And I like cobalt with mint, purple, and green. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is very cute, Kate! I love how the light blue of the chambray shirt looks against the bolder cobalt cardigan. I usually stick to wearing cobalt with black and white as well, but I also like it with mint, light yellow, green (especially a brighter kelly green or emerald green), and light pink.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Is it weird that one of your outfits made of your NLN items is one of my favorite outfits that you've worn? You defintely need to wear that skirt more often - it's really cute and it looks great on you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great look! Love the stripes
    Thanks for linking up with the Style Swap!!
    oXo
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great look! Gotta love stripes in any way! This cardigan color would look great paired with yellow, pink or green too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...