Tuesday, December 3, 2013

neon floral + navy

When this dress made its debut on the blog, I questioned whether I would be able to wear it in cooler weather. I had hoped to wear it layered over a chambray shirt with these booties, but even with the warm front, it was too cold for that today. I figured the navy tights and navy cardigan would take care of that. What do you think? Does this look work, or does it look out of place considering its December?




Floral Sateen Dress: Gap [option, option]
Navy Cardigan: The Limited [similar]
Chambray Shirt: Old Navy [similar]
Navy Tights: The Limited [option]
Booties: Candie's via Kohl's [option]


[Linking up for Style Sessions]

10 comments:

  1. I like it! You definitely made it work for winter. I have been loving tights and ankle boots lately.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, I think it looks great! The navy really brings it into winter-appropriateness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, you look so cute!! I think it's perfect for December, since you winterized it with the layers and tights and boots! :)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have always loved this dress. I wish I would have gotten this & the pants in the same print. I love how you winterized it. The Boots look great with it. I would have probably added a long, colorful beaded necklace. Perhaps something in blue, green or coral. =) That's it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had the same thought when I got to campus. Next time!

      Delete
  5. There's absolutely nothing wrong with bright colors in the winter. The dark accessories (tights/cardigan) pull the brights right into winter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you styled it for the Fall/Winter season! I always love a great season transition piece. How creative!

    Christie 'xo
    The Closet by Christie

    theclosetbychristie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it works perfectly! I love having some pretty florals in the fall/winter….dark colors get so boring after awhile.

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a pretty dress! I can see why you want to wear it year-round. I really like the way you winterized it with the sweater, boots, and tights. Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really, really like this, Kate! I'm all about making my closet as versatile as I can. With four distinct seasons, however, that can be pretty tough sometimes! I think you did a great job of making this springy dress look appropriate for the winter as well. The chambray shirt looks super cute under the cardigan, and I think navy was a great choice. Those boots, too? LOVE.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...