Thursday, December 5, 2013

herringbone vest

You know how I know that I'm not good at making decisions? I bought this vest back in August (!) but when it finally arrived in October, it was bigger than anticipated. By then, the vest was sold out in every size so I couldn't exchange it. It's been hanging in my closet since then. I've been going back and forth between selling it on eBay or just keeping it and making it work. eBay just seems like so much work. On the other hand, an oversized vest is an oversized vest. 

What do you think: Is the vest too big? Do you know if puffer vests can even be tailored without being ruined? (I can't find a seam anywhere, so I can't imagine how it would get hemmed.) Apologies for the terrible photo quality.



Vest: J. Crew Factory [option]
Sweater: The Limited [option]
Shirt: American Eagle (c/o Mom) [option, option]
Necklace: via Groopdealz [same style]
Jeans: The Limited [similar]
Boots: Madden Girl (gift)

4 comments:

  1. ohhh you got the "it" vest! From the pictures, it doesn't look big on you at all. This is such a pretty color combo. I think with a vest you can go a little bit looser since you may be wearing a heavier sweater underneath.

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well it doesn't look big on you from the pictures, but you would know better since you are wearing it. This whole outfit is really cute! But if you know you won't wear it, selling it might just be your best option, and I'm sure someone would take it off your hands since it's so popular.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, it looks fine in the pictures, but if it feels too big, you might not wear it as often. I'm still on the fence about vests - I keep seeing other bloggers wearing them and looking cute, but I'm not convinced I should try it yet.

    And I really want that necklace, but with silver accents instead of gold. I saw one online somewhere a few months ago and then forgot to pin it and now I can't find it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is the infamous Herringbone Vest that I terribly want. In my opinion it fits you perfectly and properly. Not too big at all. I love all the layering you did. The Boots & Necklace are great and I see the Holiday Inspiration with this Outfit. =)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...