Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Pass It On :: Cognac Boots

I'm not sure if my boots actually are cognac, but let's just say that they are. These are the boots I was considering wearing on Monday, but I didn't like the way they looked with skirt. I think I was able to make it work this time because the skirt isn't close in color to the boots. (The tights are black this time.) I was inspired by this pin (and Amy's interpretation), but I think my interpretation fell short. Oh well. Since I am participating in Take One, Pass It On, I could just pass on the bottom half of this outfit. Just kidding. Maybe.





Top: The Limited [option]
Cardigan: via Target [same style]
Belt: Old Navy [*exact]
*30% off w/code HOLIDAY
Skirt: Old Navy [*similar, option]
*40% off w/code BRMORNING
Tights: via Target [same style]
Boots: Madden Girl (gift)


TOPIO: cognac boots


[Linking up with The Pleated Poppy]

15 comments:

  1. This outfit totally works, and I kinda love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the boots definitely work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love love love it. Everything about it. I wish I had this skirt. It seems so versatile!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really really really like this outfit! I usually try to avoid doing yellow and b/w stripes together (to avoid looking like a bumblebee) but this outfit is just perfect and not bee-like at all. I will be copying it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love this outfit! That top is the perfect amount of color against your different neutrals!

    Jess - J's Style

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't see anything wrong with this outfit! It's almost the exact outfit I posted today haha well the bottom half!

    <3 danielle
    goodwillista.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute! I'm always afraid of combining black and brown, but it looks great here!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Once I find an acceptable pair of replacement cognac boots, I'm planning on wearing them with this skirt. I think I have a few similar pins. I'm totally wearing this skirt today. I'm so far ahead of my blog posts, so it will make an appearance next week. Anyway, I like your interpretation!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a great outfit!

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I. Love. This. Outfit.

    Seriously! It's totally my style. You're gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think this outfit looks fabulous!! Love the entire ensemble..and the boots are such a pretty color..cognac indeed :)
    Stopping by from http://willfullyelegant.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like your outfit even better than the original pin :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. i love this outfit! it came across so familiar to me, maybe because i wore something kind of similar a year ago. thanks for the reminder that i need to pair black + my cognac colored boots again in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm absolutely obsessed with this outfit, Kate! I haven't worn my striped skirt in awhile, but I'm feeling the itch to wear it again. Perhaps I'll try it out with my mustard cardigan now that I finally have one!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oooh I love that you mixed black and brown! I actually did that for the first time last week (soon to appear on the blog). It felt weird, but worked! I like the boots and I really really like the striped skirt. I have been looking for the perfect striped pencil skirt for a while... it seems to go with so much!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...