Thursday, October 31, 2013

Pinspired: vest + scarf

It's that time again-- things are incredibly busy and hectic. That probably means more Pinspired looks (like this one, inspired by this pin (via the daily be)). You understand, right? I have to defend my independent project in front of a committee at the end of the semester, so most of my time will be devoted to that. And lesson plans and grading. Fun stuff. 

I didn't mention last time I wore them, but these boots are new, and amazing. I found them on the clearance rack at DSW (I'm guessing it was an online return), and I put them on just for kicks and giggles. They are so comfortable, and I love that they are short. I was really attracted to the motorcycle-style boots when they first appeared this fall, but I was never tempted to purchase a pair, because they're really just not my style. That wasn't the case with these. While they may look silly with these jeans and in this outfit, they make me happy... or at least provide some sunshine in time of despair. And at the end of the day, that's all that matters. 



Occasion: Office Hours, Attending Class
Sweater: via Kohl's [exact]
Vest: Old Navy [exact]
Scarf: bought in Spain [option]
Jeans: The Limited  [similar]
Boots: Not Rated via DSW [exact]

11 comments:

  1. I don't think they look silly at all! I have a pair of boots that are about the same height and a bit slouchy, and they are my favorite. I really love this whole look. Probably gonna copy it, mkay?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I think you just gave me what I'm wearing to work tomorrow! I have all of these pieces! And nothing about those boots look silly!

    <3 danielle
    goodwillista.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those boots look good on you - not silly at all. Sounds like you will be busy for a while hope you will get some down time to relax.

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute outfit Kate, I love this color combo too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this look! I really like the coral/olive/brown combo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh this is really cute. Love the color combination and you're rocking those boots. Good luck with all of the craziness coming up in your life!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want that Old Navy Vest & similar cognac boots (love the length of those). If I do get those items, this outfit is being re-created and I can seriously think of 10 different ways to wear each. Great Fall Look. =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The boots are great and don't look silly at all! I love this whole outfit. The pop of pink with the scarf is perfect with the olive green vest!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the vest - and the boots! They totally do NOT make your outfit look silly.. but super ready for Fall! xoxo,
    Nikki at www.bedazzlesafterdark.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those boots look silly?! NO WAY. I love them! What a great length, color, style...and I love the rest of your outfit. I've been looking for a similarly colored scarf, but haven't found anything I like yet. I love the color with the olive vest!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those boots are great on you - what a fabulous find! I've been looking for a shorter style like this for a while now

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...