Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Pinspired: neutrals

It's officially fall where I live, and I dare say winter will be here before we know it. Okay, so that might be a slight exaggeration, but boy was it cold this morning! At least I had on a cute outfit! (Inspired by this pin - original source unknown.)

I'm finally feeling good about the purchase of this blazer. I was concerned when I bought it that it was merely an impulse clearance rack purchase; I bought it around the time I was actually on the hunt for a white blazer (which I haven't found yet). I think a neutral blazer suits my life and style much more than a white blazer would. Do you have a neutral blazer? How do you style it?



Occasion: Teaching
Tee: SO via Kohl's [exact]
Blazer: The Limited [option]
Ankle Pants: The Limited [similar]
Flats: Mossimo via Target [exact]


[Linking up with The Pleated Poppy and Heather]

10 comments:

  1. We had cold day today, too! Feels like fall! Love that blazer!
    xo,
    Jacqueline

    stylininstlouis.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that this is a good addition to your wardrobe! I'd like to find a neutral blazer, because most of mine are striped!

    BTW, is your necklace an elephant?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't own a blazer like this, but I can definitely see how the color would be versatile! I love the way you mixed necklaces of different lengths to accessorize this outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am waiting for fall to arrive. Love how cute this outfit is - I will need to recreate it. I am a blazer hoarder and have them in so many colors. Whenever I don't know what color blazer I want to wear, I will grab my neutral color one. I find that I grab this color much more than my white blazer.

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlfie.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm all for neutral blazers!! I bought a beige one years ago from Gap and I got so much use out of it (now it's too tight:/). I love my white blazer too! There are so many ways you can style it! Printed tops, striped tops, graphic tees, etc. It works perfectly with your white tee, black pants, and flats! You can even do jeans and boots:)!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I actually just recently got a neutral blazer like this. And I'm feeling really silly because I've had that exact same outfit pinned and never thought to wear it with another color than the blush blazer in the photo. Derp.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a great addition to your wardrobe! A neutral blazer like this has so many possibilities. Of course I usually style mine with leopard :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think this looks wonderful! I have a similar blazer and its one of my favorites (somehow I think most of my blazers are my favorites.. but the beige one is definetlty too :))

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I actually have 3 Neutral Blazers, an Ivory one & like 3 White ones. I like yours. This outfit is a little Masculine, too. So simple & fresh.

    ReplyDelete
  10. yes, keep this blazer! i have a tan/khaki blazer i wear all the time. i've been thinking for a while that i should start the hunt for a white blazer, too, but i guess i would have to find one and try it on to see if i really like the way i look in one.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...