Thursday, October 3, 2013

Pinspired: black, olive, leopard

There's a common theme among some of my recent pins: black, olive, and leopard. I was inspired by this pin {via Chic Street Style}, but when I went to recreate it this morning, I was frustrated with the lack of shape of my outer layers. I don't have a military jacket, so I tried my safari jacket, but the color looked off. I tried my olive blouse (unbuttoned), but it was shapeless and looked weird belted. That's when I decided to try my new military vest. 

I have been patiently waiting for the return of Old Navy's military-style vest. I was considering getting one last year, but was being cheap and decided it wasn't worth $20. Big mistake. Have you ever waited a year for an item? A year is a long time to wait. But it was worth the wait. Even if the vest seems to be taking over my body. Let's blame that on the length and style of the dress? The vest doesn't look goofy on me, does it?




Dress: Old Navy {similarsimilarsimilar}
Twill Military-Style Vest: Old Navy
Leopard Infinity Scarf: The Limited
Ona Scrunch Flats: Mossimo via Target

[Linking up with Heather for Pinned it and Did it]

other vest and scarf options:















12 comments:

  1. I think it looks cute! I too had been wanting a military vest since about January but I'd missed the ON ones. When fall fashion came around they could be found in different places but most of them were embellished and I didn't want that (bling isn't really my thing). I'm happy with the one I just got at JCP but I love this new ON vest too! I think they will be so versatile for styling through the fall and winter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it looks cute! I too had been wanting a military vest since about January but I'd missed the ON ones. When fall fashion came around they could be found in different places but most of them were embellished and I didn't want that (bling isn't really my thing). I'm happy with the one I just got at JCP but I love this new ON vest too! I think they will be so versatile for styling through the fall and winter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually really like this Kate, I think you look great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, you look so cute!! I love the way this vest looks on you, and I love your flouncy dress as well! The leopard print scarf is the perfect addition - I'm a huge fan of olive, black, and leopard together :) I'm glad the Old Navy vest was worth the wait!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the new vest. I also love the ones from Kohl's & Nordstrom.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely love this outfit!!! I pinned something very similar and haven't done it yet. You gotta love a good olive vest. Mine was purchased a couple of years ago from New York & Co, but I would love to get a replacement one like yours. The cool thing about these vests are that they can be dressed up or down which always is a plus in my book. Plus, leopard is always a winner! Thanks so much for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the way you styled this vest! I have 2 military vests and love them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a great look
    thanks for the links to find the vest
    brett

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad I could inspire you :) It looks great.

    Xo Brenna
    www.chicstreetstyle.me

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a great look! I have the beige version of this and don't wore it as much. Thanks for the outfit inspiration!

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I did the same thing with the military vest - I passed up on ON's and then regretted it. I finally found one at F21 last year and I wear it all the time! I love it!

    I love this look - very simple and put together.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Not goofy at all! I love it. I actually found my military vest at Forever 21. (I made the same Old Navy mistake you did.)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...