Tuesday, October 1, 2013

grey, cobalt, and orange

One of the most fascinating parts of blogging to me is finding out how others put together their outfits. I myself utilize several different methods. Today, I put together my outfit by picking out items I haven't worn in a while (and by using a little bit of Pinspiration).

The last time I wore this dress on the blog was Nov. '12, and the last time I wore this cardigan on the blog was April '12. I put this outfit together after seeing grey and orange paired together repeatedly on Pinterest (e.g., this pin). I added the bubble necklace (which I now realize I haven't worn since March). Deciding what shoes to wear is always my biggest challenge. I tried nude flats, I tried pointy toe leopard flats, I tried purple flats. I finally settled for black flats.

Do you have one method, or multiple methods, for putting together outfits? What kind of strategies do you employ?





Occasion: Office Hours, Attending Class
Dress: Old Navy (Canada) - {option, option}
Cardigan: The Limited {option, option}
Leopard Print Belt: Merona via Target
Necklace: via Amazon {same style, more colors}
Ona Scrunch Flats: Mossimo via Target

9 comments:

  1. This is a great color combo and I really like how this turned out. Your cardigan is really pretty! As far as putting together outfits, it usually starts with one piece (i.e., a scarf, shoes, a top) and then I usually build around that. Putting together outfits also depends on my mood or the weather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! I usually start out with just one piece I want to wear, then if I can't come up with a new idea myself, I search pinterest for new ideas!
    xoxo,
    Lauren from Modern Modesty

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like how the colors came together here! I use a couple different methods too. Pinterest, things I haven't worn in a while, anything I REALLY want to wear, but I guess mostly I'm just looking for variety.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like how the colors came together here! I use a couple different methods too. Pinterest, things I haven't worn in a while, anything I REALLY want to wear, but I guess mostly I'm just looking for variety.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always make sure that what I'm wearing reflects the weather. I also think about what I'll be doing that day, and if pants or a dress/skirt would be more comfortable and appropriate. Then, I either choose a piece that I LOVE and really want to wear, or a piece that hasn't been worn much. Only lately have I been inspired to peruse my Pinterest boards for inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all the detail in this outfit! So cute!
    xo,
    Jacqueline

    stylininstlouis.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh! I never thought about pairing gray and orange together, but it looks so great on you! I might have to give it a try myself this week. The leopard belt is the perfect finishing touch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do the same thing.. Sometimes I'll see a color combo I like on pinterest and then I'll look in my closet to see what I can put together, and sometimes I just try to wear things that I haven't worn in a while because all our clothes need a little love some days :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the way you matched the dress to the color of the classic old home in the background.
    There are so many layers to your style in this picture:
    The earth tones all around with the pop of the necklace. The tight smoothness of your hair pulled back contrasted with the unruly (but same coloured) branches in the background behind them. The foot of the back leg merging into the ground to join the nearby roots as some beautiful, ancient dryad might have.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...